jules.

branch's pov:

i was back in the forest. i wasn't lost. i knew my way back. but i didn't want to go back. not yet. i had too many problems. i was burdening my family too much. i couldn't live knowing that..

but i couldn't bring myself to tie a rope around my neck and swing it around a tree. that felt like the pussy way out. i've been running away from my problems a lot recently. if i run away from life too then it will really show how much of a coward i am.

after pacing back and forth for what might have been an hour, i heard a noise in the forest. it sounded like a lighter flicking on.

i followed the noise all the way to it's culprit: a troll.

she had dark purple skin and darker purple hair which was put neatly into long braids. she had some freckles scattered across her face and she wore what looked to be a beanie.

she had a cigarette halfway towards her mouth and a lighter being put into her pocket. she jumped at the sight of me.

"your not a cop.. are you??" she questioned while looking me up and down.

"uh.. no...?" i said scratching the back of my head.

she let out a relieved sigh. "good cause i don't know where i'd hide this oxy if some cop searched me down." she giggled a bit.

there was a short silence.

"excuse my manners, my names jules." she patted the seat next to her.

i took the queue and sat down, eyeing the cigarette. "you want one? i think i have a few extra in my pack.." she began pulling it out.

"i.. don't smoke." i tapped my fingers against the log.

she laughed. "come on, try it."

i nodded my head, taking a cigarette. "i kinda don't know how to do this.."

"no problem. let me show you." she took the lighter out and flicked it on.

jules lit my cigarette. huh. i liked this troll.

"like this.." she demonstrated by taking the cigarette out her mouth and blowing a puff of smoke into the air.

i followed her exact moves. i breathed it all in. i took the cigar out. and i breathed out smoke like some sort of dragon.

i coughed a bit, which gathered a few chuckles from jules, but i felt good. more relieved.

"thanks." i mumbled while breathing in some smoke once more.

she leaned back casually. "no problem bitty b."

my face flushed a dark shade of red immediately.

"you.. you listen to bro zone??" i stumbled over my words.

she chuckled again. she sure did laugh a lot.

"course! i wouldn't be a troll if i didn't listen to bro zone. no problem though. it's cool." she spoke casually.

"yeah, cool." i attempted to imitate her casual tone but failed miserably.

she gave me a smile before turning away to throw out her cigarette.

"that could cause a fire!-" i yelped worriedly.

"chill b. nothing to worry about." she shrugged.

she gave me a nickname. b. god she was so cool.

i watched as she took out a small zipped up bag with pills in it.

"you ever tried oxy?" she questioned while unzipping the bag.