his name is alec.

branch's pov:

me, john dory, clay, and jules' brother were stationed outside of poppy's pod. we waited there silently contemplating wether to enter or not.

we were scared.

and you can't blame us.

jules was a complete psycho!! who knew what she had done to both floyd and poppy..

i wasn't scared of her hurting me. i was scared of what i might see once i opened those doors. there was no going back after that.

"well are you going to open it??" jules brother scoffed impatiently.

"give me a second." i growled.

he went silent once more.

god this guy was annoying. i guess it ran in their family.

annoyance probably runs in my family too. i know for sure that my brothers are annoying. i guess i'd have to say the same about myself..

i let out a sigh.

i keep changing the topic. i have to face this. i'm an adult, not a baby like everyone thought i was. and this was the only way i was ever going to prove that.

i turned to look at my brothers; they gave me a nod of approval.

this was it.

i opened the door slowly..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
nobody was there??

"hello." came a voice from the darkest corner of my girlfriend's pod.

it was jules.

and.. floyd.

and..

poppy.

they were both strapped to a pole against the wall; duck tape covering their mouths.

floyd was bruised pretty badly. it looks like he put up quite a fight.

poppy had worse scaring. that truly made my blood boil.

i wanted to believe this was another one of my hallucinations. and that i'd snap out of it soon..

but i took my pills earlier. i knew that.

but i did try to slap myself awake; obviously that didn't work.

"what do you want with them?!?!" clay growled; pointing an angry finger towards jules.

a smirk spread along her face. she had a blade in her hand; and she was tossing it around carelessly.

"i want revenge." she giggled manically.

jules' brother stepped forward. "we talked about this jules!! that never happened! please come ho-"

"don't tell me what to do, alec." jules snapped.

we knew his name now.

"please come home sis. i have your pills!!" alec whined while shaking the pill bottle around in the air.

she stuck her tongue out. "you know i hate taking those!!"

i completely understood her. they make me feel awful, too. but if i was hurting trolls like this.. any amount of awfulness would be worth my family's wellbeing.

her eyes then moved to me. "i'll let them go."

"really??" i spoke hopefully.

"IF you sacrifice your own life." she added in evilly.