jail

branch's pov:

"branch??" poppy shouted before running over to my cell.

we interlocked hands and faced each other before i quickly backed up because i remembered i was mad at her. was i really mad at her? i thought i was. but i didn't really have that angry feeling, you know?

"what did you do this time?" john dory growled as him and the rest of my brothers reached the cell i was in.

jules and john were holding hands.

jules had this smug look on her face. god i wanted to punch her. good thing there were bars between us, because i seriously don't think i could've stopped myself.

"did the officer say how long i'm staying here?" i grumbled; avoiding john's question.

"overnight at least." floyd sighed.

he had this look on his face. i couldn't decide if it was a disappointed look or a worried look. but i didn't like that look either way.

"didn't i teach you anything? no apprentice of mine would ever get caught. what a mess up!!" jules chuckled jokingly.

john laughed along with her.

she knew exactly what she was doing. maybe it seemed like a harmless joke to everyone else, but to me those words cut deep. 'what a mess up.' i couldn't help but agree with her.

floyd could tell that those words hurt me. he shuffled around uncomfortably; not wanting to say anything.

i was really hoping he would. but he never did.

finally the officer came back with a bunch of papers in hand.

"you can sign here for an early release. or sign over here for a longer stay. your choice. but we recommend the second option if you really want to teach him a lesson." the officer explained while pointing all over the paper.

it felt like the whole world was against me!! i literally had my fingers crossed in hope that my brothers would let me out of this shit hole.

"that doesn't sound like such a bad idea." john mumbled while scratching his chin thoughtfully.

oh hell no.

"uhmm.. are you sure?? he's already been here for so long. i'm sure he's gotten the point by now.." floyd offered.

john dory shook his head. "i'm the oldest. i should be making these decisions."

floyd was going to reply but poppy spoke up. "but he's my boyfriend. and i think we should let him out." she crossed her arms.

i almost smiled before realizing once again that i was mad at her. geez this was hard.

"did you have to change his diapers when he was little? i don't think so. c'mon, maybe he'll learn a thing or two." john laughed.

"i've got to say that i agree with john. i came in here once. they whipped me right back into shape. this could be good for him." jules smirked.

i mouthed the words 'fuck you' through the bars but all she did was snicker in response.

this isn't funny!!

"well i guess your right.." poppy hesitated.

"what?? come on poppy.." i whined; speaking for the first time since the conversation started.

"this will be good for you branch." poppy gave me a weak smile; reaching her hands through the bars in the cell.

i thought for a second, but decided not to grab onto them although she clearly wanted me to. instead i crossed my arms.

she looked quite hurt, and pulled her hands back sadly.

good.

but also not good.

i didn't want to see her hurt.

but i wanted to??

but i really didn't.

it's so confusing.

the officer held the papers out once more. "so.. you going to sign them?"

john snapped back to reality; grabbing a pen from behind his ear.

"any objections?" he asked.

"yes!! i don-" i began before he cut me off.

"none? okay, good." he said before scribbling down his signature on a sheet of paper.

my fate was sealed now. i was going to be spending the whole night here.

"see you tomorrow buddy." john chuckled before turning around to lead everyone out this place.

floyd gave me one last worried look before turning around to follow everyone else.

i was alone again.

despite them being the trolls who locked me up in this dump for a whole other day, i quite enjoyed their company. they were the only things keeping me busy.

"come on." the officer grumbled as he unlocked my cell door.

i blinked confusedly. "what?"

"we're transferring you to an actual jail. not just a holding cell." he explained.

.
.
.
.
.
.

i was going to be in REAL JAIL??

i was already worried. this is like.. 10x worse!!

i've heard so many rumors about that place. and none of them are good.

"are you coming??" the officer growled; gaining my attention once more.

"oh!- yeah. yeah, i'm coming." i whined before exiting the cell.

immediately, he turned me around, trapping me in handcuffs once more.

"oh come on." i rolled my eyes.

"just protocol." he grunted before pushing me forward; leading me away.

i followed him back to the front desk. but instead of stopping there, we kept moving. we walked down a bunch of long, cold hallways. i passed some interrogation rooms. some mug shot rooms. a gym?? and a bunch more before we finally reached the destination.

i will spare you the details because it's not pretty. like.. not at all. if you want to know what happens when you get sent to jail like this, then look it up. but i will save myself from writing about it, and you from reading about it.

long story short: i had been placed in one of those orange zip ups you see in all the movies. every item on me was disposed of or kept in a locker until i escaped.

but now it was time to face jail.

thats the end!! follow me please :)