june's apartment

d e l i c a t e

d e l i c a t e

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

cause baby i could build a castle
out of all the bricks they threw at me

.҉     .҉     

IT'S LATE WHEN I'm woken by the sound of voices just outside my window. The clock on my bedside table shows ten past two, it's only been a few hours since Charles texted, a few hours since I ran from Jack. A few hours since I was in Abu Dhabi with Nora.

I stare up at my ceiling, listening to the voices. It's a group of people, women, I think mostly. They're loudly hushing one another, giggling, mentioning Jack's name. Sometimes, fans of Jack would show up at my house hoping to catch a glance at him, I can imagine a group of tipsy young women outside, some who haven't seen the news or anything, innocently waiting by the door for their favourite celebrity. Their favourite stranger.

I hear my buzzer sound, then the sound of the other buzzers. There's a rapid knocking on the door into my building and I can hear them tapping on the downstairs windows. It's cold, I can feel the chilly air on my nose and face so I don't want to get out of bed, but I do.

I cross my bedroom floor to the window and slowly pull back the linen drapes, through the sheer, voile curtains I can make out a group of four or five women huddled around the door, giggling to themselves. The flash on their phones illuminate their bodies as they record their antics.

I pull back the voile curtains and push open my window.

"He isn't here," I shout down. 

Their phones flip around to record me. A sense of insecurity washes over me. I didn't wash off my makeup—so I know there are black smudges of eyeliner and mascara all around my eyes— and my hair hasn't been brushed since I landed in Paris hours ago. I've looked better.

"We know!" One of them giggles, "thanks for showing us which one is yours!"

They continue to giggle and push at one another, drunkenly stumbling off into the night.

I turn and shut the window, creeping back into bed.

imessage

june
mama i think im about to have
another stalker problem
delivered 02:24

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

instagram

jauclairupdates