charles' apartment

d e l i c a t e

d e l i c a t e

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

all i knew this morning when i woke,
is i know something now i didn't before.
and all i've seen since eighteen hours ago
is green eyes, and freckles, and your smile.

.҉     .҉     .҉

author's note: listen to everything has changed by taylor swift and ed sheeran while reading this chapter for the full experience <3

I FELT MY heart drop when I started to wake again. Memories of the night before flooded back like photos whizzing past in a camera's burst mode. All I can remember is Jack's hands on my skin, I'd made myself forget all about it, I'd convinced myself that he never dared to touch me until I was eighteen because nobody knew. Nobody knew but him and myself.

Now here I am, in the arms of a man. The thought makes my stomach twist, because I learned the capabilities of man, I learned that my consent was a privilege, not a right, I learned to be scared; but I'm not, because everything has changed.

"Are you awake?" Charles voice is husky as he speaks, I feel the vibrations of his voice in his chest, where my head had been laying.

"Yes," I reply, and gently his hand meets the back of my head as he begins to run his fingers through my hair.

"Are you okay?"

I stay quiet for a moment, not longer than ten seconds, but it feels like ten minutes. My fingertips trace the skin on his arms.

"Yeah," I decide. "I'm better, anyway."

An arm wraps around my waist and he pulls me in closer, I feel my body stiffen for a moment until my heart tells it to relax. I feel safe here.

"Is this okay?" He asks, briefly lifting his hand from the spot it'd found at the side of my waist. I nod against his chest and mutter that it is, and his hand falls back into place.

It was like my body was moulded to fit against his, to fit against him exactly like this. My head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat, his hand on my head, keeping me safe, the other around my waist, keeping me close.

I'd never had close male friends, maybe Max, but even then we were always travelling and he was always busy, so we were never as close as we could've been. I don't really know how much physical intimacy is normal in a friendship. Nora and I have held each other like this, but she's like my sister. I've known her for decades.