keeley's house

d e l i c a t e

d e l i c a t e

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

make the friendship bracelets,
take the moment and taste it,
you've got no reason to be afraid.

.҉    .҉    .҉

WHEN KEELEY GOT her "big break," she bought her parents their dream home in Miami. They live there for most of the year, but go on a cruise or on a holiday when they aren't home. The Miami Grand Prix and my birthday coincided with one of their holidays, so Keeley took over their little beach house for a while.

Nora and I flew out at midday. She didn't tell Mark she was leaving, I don't think they've spoken at all. We just flew in and went straight to Keeley's house.

"Hiya, love!" Keeley pulls me in for a hug as soon as she opens the door. Her hair is tied back in two loose braids, she was wearing a brightly coloured, flowery bikini top and low waisted shorts. "Will's pottering around the kitchen," she says, stepping out of the way to let me in. Then she gives Nora a hug.

After dropping my bags in the guest room, I find Will hovering around the stove, the room smells faintly of fried eggs. He's got no shirt on and is wearing unfitted tracksuit pants, they hung low at his waist.

"Hey, Juniper," he says dragging out the vowels. "How was your flight?" He pokes at something in a frying pan with the spatula in his hand.

"Long," I answer, sitting on a stool by the counter.

Keeley joins us in the kitchen, wrapping her arms around his waist and planting a kiss on his neck. I've always admired how their bodies seem to fit together like puzzle pieces. Nora sits on the stool beside me as Keeley leans against the counter, facing the two of us. She's smiling, the way she always does with Will.

He's going to propose to her one day soon. I just know it.

Elle arrives a little after midday with a few bottles of wine that are very quickly opened and shared. Keeley's parents' house has one of those really fancy pizza ovens that none of us can really use but Will. One thing that I've learned about Will and Keeley, is that he's the cook between them. Keeley—like me—is a disaster in the kitchen, whilst Will is basically a celebrity chef in his spare time. And still, he asked for her to come out and help him make the pizzas.

"Have you two been looking at Instagram?" Elle asks, swirling the wine in her glass. She's sitting on the floor, looking up at me and Nora.

"No?" Nora says, but it comes out more like a question.