outside london

d e l i c a t e

d e l i c a t e

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

you know how much i hate that
everybody just expects me to
bounce back. just like that.

.҉    .҉    .҉

WE LANDED IN Luton yesterday. Dad was flying out to Bahrain early Wednesday morning so I was staying here until then. After that, I'll probably go back to my mama's house in Tuscany and stay there for a while, go back to being an anonymous. Just Davidé's stepdaughter. I don't know how long I'll have to disappear for, just however long it'll take for people to forget what Jack had said about me.

"June, sweetheart?" I could hear Geri call from the other side of the door. I haven't left her guestroom since I got here. "You're not watching Glee in there, are you?"

I sit up in the bed, pause the television and answer, "No."

Though that was the truth, I was watching 'Moulin Rouge' which isn't much better in terms of my isolation watchlists.

"Okay, will you be joining us for dinner?" She asks.

"No, thank you Geri," I reply.

"Alright, dear," she says, "I'll have Blue set a plate aside for you."

"Thank you Geri," I call, hearing her footsteps disappear down the hall.

I pull the duvet up closer and switch on my Macbook, looking at the buildup of notifications and direct mesages. Nora has sent me more texts than I think I've ever sent in my life. I haven't answered any of them.

Saturday night, she took a photo of me, bordering wine drunk, talking to Charles. She said she took it because she'd never seen me look at anyone like that. It was on her private story, only for our groupchat and some of our closest mutual friends and family. But someone screenshotted it from there and shared it to Twitter. It didn't take long until all the strangers that hate me took that private moment as an opportunity to hate me.

My Macbook dings with a text. It was Charles.

imessage

charless
hey june :) just wanted to check in and see
how you're doing. i hope you haven't been
listening to what people are saying online
because none of it is true.

I stare at the notification for a while. I don't know how to answer. I'm not doing good, but I don't want to tell him that; I'm letting them affect me, but I can't tell him that.

june
hi charles! thanks for checking on me, ill be
ok. just trying to learn to not let them affect
me is all lol :)