Chapter 9

When we'd gotten to the car, he made me get inside while he and the security detail spoke in hushed tones and eventually left to retrieve something before we left

Then, despite the fact that I worked with restaurants all across Boston, Chan decided that he was the culinary expert and had the driver take us to some hole-in-the-wall place in Quincy nearly 20 minutes away.

"I didn't realize it was so far," he mumbled after I'd complained multiple times. Our goal had been to be spotted in public. All of the STAY from the concert would be staying near the venue to eat. Going this far would be a waste of our time.

"I told you it was," I sighed as I sat with my arms folded in the back of the car. I wondered what the driver and security detail in the front seat thought of me. I wondered if they believed the rumors or if they'd been clued in on the real story.

I texted my family that I'd made it home from my trip. Luckily, they only used Facebook, so I had a few more days before my photos started trending there.

I texted Mana and told her that I had my phone back. I also told her that I'd call her later to fill her in on everything.

"I'm sorry about the headlines. Hope you're okay," she answered.

"Here, sign this," Chan handed me a several-page document and a pen. "It's an NDA."

"I thought those were just for sex with celebrities. I'm not planning on sleeping with you." I pushed the pages back.

"They're for anything we want it to be for, not just sex. Glad to know that's off the table though," he scowled.

"You're welcome," I sneered.

"Yours states that you can't give out any details about this being a fake relationship. You must tell everyone, including your friends and family, that it's real. Nobody can know the truth."

"Or what?"

"Or we'll sue you for damages. And JYP is a very money-hungry company that'll eat you alive and bankrupt you if you break any terms of this contract," he said matter-of-factly.

My chest tightened at the thought. I'd have to lie to everyone in my life in order to repair my reputation or risk financial ruin...great.

"Mana already knows about last night."

"That's fine. Your leaving last night helps your reputation anyway."

"Okay." I picked up the pen and signed the first page outlining how I was to act online.

The second page indicated that Chan would send clothes for me to wear to the concerts.

"I'll wear the clothes but not the shoes. I don't wear heels."

Chan sighed and took the pen to mark out anywhere that said shoes. "Fine. I wanted to add that we'd specifically never allow metallic cowboy boots, but Dimitri thought that was too far."