Chapter 39

What was decided was that we would enjoy our afternoon together

What was decided was that we would enjoy our afternoon together. The boys bribed the hotel to close the pool so that they could enjoy it without having to hide behind their professional personas or entertain any fans who may stumble upon them.

We all met upstairs together and headed outside to the rooftop pool. Changbin jumped into the pool right away. I.N. wasted no time joining him. Chan and I found seats in the shade and ordered drinks.

The sun was bright and warm. It was nice seeing them so comfortable and being 100% themselves for a change.

"What would you be doing right now if you weren't in Stray Kids?" I asked, sipping my margarita.

"Exactly this," he said as Hyunjin and Felix splashed into the pool getting us wet. "But with my own kids."

I could see it. He'd be a very protective dad, but a good one.

"What about you?" he asked.

"On a weekday at 4? I'd be in a client meeting," I laughed. I thought back to how few I had left.

"I'm sorry, about your clients," Chan offered.

"Thanks," I smiled back at him, "but do you know what I realized?"

Chan took a sip of his piña colada. "What?"

"That I don't really want to work with them anymore."

Chan seemed surprised.

"I mean, I have a couple of clients left. Literally two. But the ones that ended our partnerships...they shamed me just like the fans had. That speech was just as much for them as it was for JYP or the author." I don't know why it had taken me so long to realize that I shouldn't have to hide my life for my clients. My life wasn't my business.

"Good for you. You deserve better," he clinked his glass with mine.

We sipped them peacefully, enjoying each other's company.

"Do you want to Bubble message the fans with me?"

I grinned excitedly, "Yes!"

Chan pulled out his phone and took a selfie first.
"To get the party started," he explained.

Not even a microsecond later, his phone was flooded with thousands of messages. My phone dinged, and I looked at the picture. It was cute.

"Ella," Chan gasped, "Do you subscribe to me?" He was looking at the notification I'd received.

"Hush," I blushed.

"Let me see," he reached for my phone.

"Chan!" I laughed.

He went through my Bubble and clicked out of his.

"Where's everyone else's!"

I shrugged while blushing and reached for my phone again, but he held it away from me as he continued to look at the screen.