Chapter 64

Changbin had made reservations for us at Cathédrale

Changbin had made reservations for us at Cathédrale. He didn't want to eat at MGM since people would be expecting us to and might be waiting. We all walked over as we got ready since the group was less recognizable when apart. We each had guards with us but Dmitri kept his distance.

I wondered how someone tasked with protecting the group could've done something so horrible. It astounded me even more that he was able to act as though nothing had changed, as though he'd done nothing wrong.

We came across Felix on the walk over. "You both look great," he complimented. He had on a light pink button-up and light-wash jeans.

"So do you!" I told him.

We were the last three to arrive and were escorted to a table they'd given us in the back for more privacy. Felix had a spot waiting for him by Changbin and Han had saved me a seat. Chan sat next to Seungmin on the other side of me. I tried to ignore the way my stomach rolled over itself as I sat.

The guards sat at a table nearby. Looking at them, I wondered which had been in the room with JYP. Which had laughed about my fear of BDSM? Which had edited Chan and I over Red Lights? Dmitri noticed I was glaring and waved at me. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the group.

JYP hadn't been arrested yet, so we couldn't talk about anything relating to the case since I had on my bracelet and none of the others had figured out how they were being recorded.

I listened to Seungmin talk about Mana. He'd been texting her and seemed happy. I was hopeful it would work out for them. We all ordered drinks and Dmitri went to the bar to place an order directly with the bartender. He kept looking at me which was pissing me off. He could show a little shame and regret for what he did...at least avoid eye contact and feel a little guilty, but he didn't.

Changbin launched into a detailed plan for the club in a couple of days. He wanted us all to party harder than we ever had before. We all agreed but cut him off before he tried to enforce a dress code.

The waiter came to take our orders and Chan seemed pleased when I ordered the grilled branzino with capers and lemon sauce which came on a bed of greens. He got the Prime Aged Ribeye. He also noticed there was a chocolate and coffee dessert item and ordered it as well since he knew I'd like it since it was the same two flavors I'd gotten my gelato in.

We ordered more drinks and the table became louder with each round. After the third, our food arrived.

My meal was delicious, and I offered some to Han to try who liked it more than what he had ordered. I gave some of mine to him, and Chan frowned disapprovingly.

"It's really good," I tried to tell him. "Do you want a bite?"

"I'll trade you for one of mine," he bargained and we each loaded our forks for each other.

He pulled the food off of my fork at the same time that I cleaned his. He watched me carefully as if he didn't trust me to actually take the bite. "That's amazing," I told him.