Chapter 21

Before we got up, Chan whispered "Please don't mention the fan service

Before we got up, Chan whispered "Please don't mention the fan service. It's kind of a downer around here."

I nodded understandably, and he led me out of the bunk hand-in-hand. We hadn't even made it two steps when they all turned to stare at us. My face went red from the attention. All of their eyes went to our intertwined hands, and then over to my wrist which was now home to Chan's bracelet.

Seungmin looked away quickly, hanging his head in defeat. The others began whooping and hollering and congratulating us as though something major had occurred.

Chan held up his other hand up to stop them. "Whoa. Relax!"

"Relax? She's wearing your bracelet, man. That's huge!" Changbin cheered. His face held a wide smile of excitement for his friend.

Chan shifted awkwardly, and I could tell that he was disappointed to relay the news that we were still fake dating...just fake dating in the hopes that maybe one day it wouldn't be fake anymore. I wondered how they'd take it...how he'd even find the words to explain it. I didn't even fully know how to explain it since I didn't know what it would take for me to want to make that leap with him.

"Yea Chan. I thought you said you gave up dating. Clearly, she's special to you," Han argued.

"Guess #TeamChan is a go," Lee Know piped up.

Chan looked dispirited. The energy from our kiss earlier was draining away. I felt guilty for putting him in this situation. I didn't want him to feel embarrassed in front of his friends, especially when it was so clear that he was ready to be with me.

"I—I forgot my phone," I announced and dragged Chan back to the bunk with me. I pretended to search for it and Chan lifted checked under the pillow.

"I don't see it," he told me.

"It's in my pocket," I shared. "I just wanted to talk to you."

Chan stopped searching and looked at me curiously. "You understand that we're fake dating still, right? Just that we'll try to be nicer and see if we develop into more over time."

Chan nodded.

"As long as you understand that," I began and sighed, wondering if I was doing the right thing, "you can tell them that we're really dating."

"Really?" Chan's eyes glimmered as he looked at me.

"Yes," I said definitively. "As long as you know that it isn't real yet."

His face went into a wide smile, and he hugged me tightly to him.

"Ow," I winced. My side still hurt.

"Oops. Sorry," he apologized. "Can we go tell them now?" he held his hand out for me. He seemed a bit too eager, and I worried that the lines were getting blurry, but, against my better judgment, I placed my hand in his. He nearly sprinted back to the group and stood beside me giddily.