Chapter 50

We spent the off days just enjoying our time together

We spent the off days just enjoying our time together. We went to the botanical gardens where we took cute photos together and relaxed. I then convinced Chan to go on a ghost tour, on which he was terrified the entire time. I enjoyed it, though, and spent the next couple of hours jumping out behind corners to scare him even more.

We joined Seungmin and Mana for dinner the first night. I was surprised that their hookup after the bar had them so attached to each other already. I was glad, though, because I had someone I could talk to about everything.

Chan even let me break my contract, and I was able to explain everything to her about how we had gotten together. Knowing the full truth definitely made her more sympathetic to him. She was even beginning to like him.

The second night, we had a group meal with all of the guys. They rented out a dining space on a rooftop restaurant so they could be themselves. Seungmin invited Mana and was flirty and cute. Han and Lee Know didn't have to hide. I wanted that to be permanent for them. Han even seemed to be glowing under Lee Know's attention and was more social than I'd ever seen him.

Even Hyunjin, Felix, Changbin, and I.N. had some weird flirty foursome going on at the end of the table. Felix would flirt with Changbin who would flirt with Hyunjin who would flirt with I.N. and Felix who would both flirt back with him. It was hilariously confusing, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I wanted them to always be this happy. At the show tonight, Chan and I would do our parts to try to remediate some of it for them. I hoped the fan service filtering worked. Even more so, I hoped the fans wouldn't still try to take advantage of Chan.

We'd done the bus walk, and Mana just walked in through the front door with Dmitri and met us backstage. We didn't want to make her go through everything I'd had to. We could keep her secret, at least until she and Seungmin decided how serious this really was.

Chan and I were in his dressing room, and he was tying his boots when there was a knock at the door.

"JYP is here to see you," Dmitri told us. "Both of you."

My mouth went dry. Hadn't he just been in the States? What could this possibly be for?

Chan stood and grabbed my hand to calm me, noticing immediately how scared I was. "It'll be okay?" he whispered.

We followed Dmitri to JYP's room. My heart was racing, and I felt more nervous than I ever had in my whole life. Dmitri left us inside with the devil himself and closed the door. The room felt like a cage.

JYP turned around to face us. My stomach twisted at the sight of him. He said nothing for a moment while staring at our adjoined hands.

"I hear Chan has filtered the fan service for tonight," JYP accused. My heart stopped. How had he found out?

"That's not against the rules," Chan defended.

"Not technically. But why did you do it? So bored of Ella already?" he smirked.