Part 2- BOAT DAY (p1)

This will be Part1 of the boat day chapters!

I got through about half of the movie Happy Gilmore before I had to get ready to hang out with Arthur and his friends. He had sent me a message for me to be ready by around 5.30pm, I put my faith in him he won't be late as my brother Jake usually does.

I grabbed a blue bikini and put a simple button up shirt loosely on top, I grabbed my slides and waited at the kitchen bench for Arthur to arrive.

"Ay where you off to?" Nick questioned as he walked into the room. He had been with his girlfriend Costeen most of the day after my match, which I don't mind shes a beautiful woman after all.

"I'm pretty sure I already told you, my new friend Arthur is coming to pick me up, I'm going to meet some his friends on his boat"

"Right. Sound like a nice kid from what you said earlier. Be safe, have fun yeah"

"No" I deadpanned, the sarcasm rolling off my tongue. Of course I wanted to have fun but having social anxiety doesn't make it an easy task.

"Text me if- text me or Jake, if you need us to pick you up okay" as he said that the doorbell rang "go, have fun, meet new people.oh and don't be a party pooper" he laughed off. I shook my head as I slid of the bar stool and walked over to the door.

"Bye Nick, don't do anything weird while I'm gone" I heard him scoff as I closed the door. I knew he was joking around as well as I was. "Hello stranger" I greeted.

"Hey champ" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

-

It didn't take long before we got to the harbour. I followed Arthur towards his boat to see people already gathered there. Maybe less than 10 people with what I could tell.

"Hey guys!" He spoke with enthusiasm as per usual. He then pointed to me "This is Anna, champion of Monte-Carlo" he grinned to his friends who were standing around in a small group. "Anna this is Ollie. That's Paul. Over here with his girlfriend is Oscar and Lily, next to them is Logan. Next to him is Fred, the 3 of them are like a iconic trio I must say. There we have Dino and next to Dino we have Kimi and Leronzo" he said while pointing to everyone. Some waved, some smiled. I shook hands with everyone and then followed them up onto the boat. I had noticed one of them looking at my for a little longer than everyone else though. A few of them had stayed back and walked with me to congratulate me on today which I kindly thanked them for. Those few were Oscar and his girlfriend, and Logan. Although Oscar wasn't really listening, he probably just stayed back because Lily did.

"Wait so who did you beat?" Lily asked.

"I bet Iga Swaitek, the number 1 seed and the number 1 in the world. It was a very tight match though, it was really anyone's match" I answered. Logan raised his eyebrows while Oscar just kept walking ahead, on the other hand lily's jaw dropped. I laughed at her state of shock but realistically ranking doesn't determine anything.

"She's like really good right? So your like really really good?" Iga, Good? Good is an understatement.

"Oh yeah, extremely good. She was my idol growing up after Ash Barty" I'm also still processing the fact that I has just beaten my idol.

-

After settling in, I found myself a seat out the front of the boat. The cool breeze hitting my face felt refreshing as I looked into the horizon as the boat started to move.

"Hey, the boat has stopped so if you want to go in the water you can" a boy from behind me broke my trance. I looked back to see Kimi? I have heard of him before, seen his face in many posts from Mercedes. An upcoming talented driver for sure.
He was brushing his hand through his curls as he looks over at the crystal water below us. He was clearly going in as he was wearing blue ish coloured board shorts. His slightly toned abs and a v line showing just above. My gaze was adjusted by a weirdly sounding splash behind me. My head snapped around to see that Dino had accidentally belly flopped into the water. He let out a groan as he floated on his back. I let out a laugh before standing up to take off my shirt before going in.

I ruffled Kimi's hair as I walked by and ran off the side of the boat doing a weird side flip. I arose from the water with a smile on my face. The water was fresh and the view around us was beautiful. Well that was until I was dunked under water by someone causing me to choke on the water.

"Che cazzo" I mumbled to myself. I turned around to see Arthur behind me with a wide smile on his face like nothing could wipe it off. That was until I saw my chance to get black at him. I dunked him under water for a solid 10 second before letting him come back up. He had a horrified look on his face and swam away from me as quick as he could while I laughed at him.
(What the fuck)

———————————-
Authors note
Hellooo again.
Hope this chapter was okay and bearable!
If there are any spelling or grammar mistake I will try and fix them.
It's currently 2am as I write this so it's not the best
I'm kinda living for Arthur and Anna's unexpected friendship

If you have any criticism to help me improve my writing, let me know!

991 words

Buongiorno o buonanotte
-Eva
🤍