Part 9- HELLO FRANCE

I hadn't done to bad at the Madrid Open. I made it to Semis before losing to Sabalenka in 3 sets. Honestly better than i thought i would do against her. She ended up winning the tournament anyway so good on her. Jake had made it to the quarter-finals loosing to Sinner in 2 sets, I'd say the score didn't reflect the match. He also can't be to hard on himself he had to play the world number 4. Nick had gotten out in round 2, he wasn't happy with himself but he clearly was not in best shape for this tournament. So it is better this way, because now he has more time to rest before the upcoming slam.

Roland Garros in less than a week. It would also be my first time playing there as well. I know It's going to be tough with all the spectators going for their French players, as well as any other slam but this would only be my second time playing in a Grand Slam and mentality is huge in these. Something I am not the best at.

Kimi and Arthur will be In Monaco then Spain while I am in France. I wish i could meet up with them but its unlikely I will be able to. I wish them best of luck with their upcoming races. I'll be watching from my hotel room sadly.

-

We were staying in a cozy looking hotel. It had a warm feeling to it, no bright white walls and blinding lights. Warm colours were used, it makes it have a homey feeling to it. Even better it wasn't to far from the French Open grounds. Only a 5-10 minute drive. Although it starts in 5 days, we were already here training, making the best use of our time here on the clay.

The draws came out yesterday. I was seeded 11 in the draw as Ons Jabeur world number 6, was out because of injury. To say I had a pretty tough draw was a fair call. First round, Paula Badosa world number 100. The winner of our match has to play the winner of Elena Rybakina world number 3 and Lin Zhu world number 32.

But i think Nicks has is worse. First round he plays Taylor Fritz world number 12. The winner of their match has to play the winner of Jannik Sinner world number 4 and Gael Monfils worlds number 76. I wish Sinner good luck on that one because the French growd is going to give him hell.

In Jakes words "I got a pretty decent draw" but I'm not sue if that was sarcastic or not. He has to play fellow Aussie Jordan Thompson, world number 47 first round. The winner will then have to play the winner of Leronzo Sonego word number 46 and Dominic Theim world number 92.

For my best friend Coco she got a decent draw as well. Getting first round against Matina Trevisan world number 59. The winner of this match plays either Mirra Andreeva world number 47 or Claire Lui world number 99.

But you know sometimes its better not to analyse all the draws like i do. It's probably half the reason why I think so lowly of myself.

-

My brothers and i were going out tonight, walk around, find a nice restaurant and chill. I mean do you expect me to eat food from a hotel for more than a week. As a fussy eater, no.

I am wearing a white strap shirt with beige pants. I may get stains on it but that is not my problem.

RING RING

"Hey"

'Hello Kim K"

"Are you going to keep calling me that?"

"Yes. You got a problem with it"

"No no"

"Good. Now did you need something from me or you just calling?"

"I was actually going to FaceTime to see your pretty face again"

well I'm quite glad he couldn't see my face right now because I probably look as red as a tomato.
I pressed the FaceTime button and tried to place my phone up against the wall while waiting for him to connect. As it did my phone fell on the desk creating a loud bang.

"Oh my god just stay you stupid thing" I mumbled to myself
On the other side of the call Kimi was laughing at my frustrated face as my phone would still not balance.
"Ahh finally!"

"Am i going to fall again or am I safe?"

"I hope you fall" i say, reaching down to grab my pen and notebook from my bag. I wasn't going to dinner for about 20 more minutes so why not doodle as i talk to Kimi.

"Are you drawing?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Can I see"

"No its bad"

"I bet it isn't, now show me"

I groaned before lifting my sketch book up, holding it into the frame of the camera.

"Oh my god that's so cool, how did you do that in like 10 minutes?" I shrugged my shoulders, placing my sketch book back on the table and adding more details to it. "You could be an artist"

"That is funny I always wanted to be an artist if tennis didn't work out"

KNOCK KNOCK

"Hold up I shall be back in a sec" I got up and walked to the door to see Nick and Jake there. "Are we going now" Nick nodded before turning to lean on the wall. "Ok i will be out in a sec"

"Hey Kimi i gotta go, I am going to dinner with my delightful brothers" A small smile plastered my lips as Kimi laughed at my sarcasm.

"Talk to you soon. Bye Anna"

"Bye Kimi"

CALL ENDED

-

Dinner was pretty boring, the restaurant we went to was fancy and it had all these rare foods I had no idea what they were. I didn't even want to eat anything here if I am honest but i ended up ordering form the kids meal...Fish and chips. I must say though it was so good. Jake had gotten some sort of pasta thing and he was not a fan of it but he ate it anyway. He is way stronger than me I would have pushed my plate away, thrown a fit and not eaten for the rest of the night.

Now, time to go to bed and sleep, a long day of training tomorrow. Fuck my life, why did i choose to become a tennis player? Maybe I should have just become a artist.

Annakyrgios posted a story 50 minutes ago

 ——————Authors note Pretty long chapter again Hopefully it wasn't bad or boring😭Any errors will tried to fixed

——————
Authors note
Pretty long chapter again
Hopefully it wasn't bad or boring😭
Any errors will tried to fixed.
My writing here is kinda weird but we shall just roll with it ayy
This is also again a filler chapter soooo yeah
I added to this after publishing, sorry for that!!

Any criticism on my writing for it to improve, let me know!

1171 words
Buongiorno o buonanotte
-Eva
🤍