Part 23 - ALWAYS SUPPORTING

I hadn't done much in the past day. I didn't eat much and didn't talk much. I could see how much it hurt Kimi but I just physically couldn't talk about what happened that day. I had shown the video to Jake, he said he cut all ties with Iman and his friends. His whole perspective changed on him because of that video but he needed to know what kind of person he turned into this past week. He usually wouldn't care much about what happens to me but I could see the worry in his eyes for me.

We arrived back in Monaco today. Well Arthur, Kimi and I had. Jake and Nick were still in France as Nick was into the semis, it broke me that I wasn't there to watch him but he practically forced me out the country with my friends. He said I needed to get away from there and he was right.

Kimi was going to stay over at my brother's and I's house for the next week to keep an eye on me. Arthur was also going to but I shooed him off saying he didn't need to and that he could visit any time of the day. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he showed up with a suitcase to stay over.

-

Right now my couch was the best thing ever. I hadn't moved anywhere from here apart from the kitchen and bathroom. Kimi had been trying to get me to move around more but I didn't want to. I felt like I couldn't as much as I wanted to.

I felt the couch dip beside me, Kimi reached over me to grab the tv remote.

"Okay since this is your new bed...what are we going to watch?"

"You choose"

"you hate everything I choose so, you choose" he forced the remote into my hand and leaned back into the couch.

I flicked through all the platforms, Netflix, Stan, YouTube. I almost picked YouTube becauseI wanted to watch the new quadrant video but I wouldn't watch it if Kimi was here.

I flicked back to Stan, going onto the sport section and clicking on Roland Garros. Nick should be playing now. Or soon? I dont know but Im sure there are some interesting matches on.

And there it was

NICK KYRGIOS (WC) VS NOVAK DJOKOVIC (1)

pressing the small button on the remote the screen loaded onto the players warming up on the bright red clay courts of Roland Garros.

I let a small sigh out. I was bummed that the events of the other day happened, I would have been into my first grand slam semi and that stupid, stupid boy ruined it. He ruined my whole week. God he may as well ruin my whole month.

"What does wild card mean?"

I looked over to the boy sat beside me with a tight smile plastered on my face. I liked that he asked me these questions. I liked answering them.

"Wild card means...yeah what does it mean?" I chuckle escaped my lips as I looked down at my lap.

"Do you seriously not know?"

"Im thinking give me a second!" I demanded, holing up a finger in front of his face.

"Hmmm so its basically like if the tournament people see the name of a player that deserves a chance to go into the main draw they will put them in. So they don't have to do qualifying like some others. It can go from like top top 100 and higher"

"Eh, so what's Nick in the world?

"like almost 200 or something like that, because of his knee injury that put months off of play his ranking dropped from like top 20 to 200"