Part 13 - SLEEP DEMONS

Kimi had finished showering, but after he had walked out of the bathroom we stood awkwardly in the room, looking at each other. I mean I'm sure we were thinking about the inconvenient problem we have going on but in my brain right now I'm focused on not trying to laugh at Kimi. He looked as if he was going to cry, i guess he really felt sorry.

"Okay I can tell you feel sorry. I can literally see it all over your face so say or do something before I start laughing at you. Please" I say, laughter already catching me on the word 'please'.

"Eh, which side do you want?" He spoke up.

"Ah the man speaks. I shall take this side" I say, referring to the side i was now jumping towards. Which was the left side. I grabbed my stuffed parrot and curled up into a ball. Yes i am 17 and have a stuffed animal. What about it? Ive had Parrot since i was around 7, wow 10 years goes quick. Been to Bali, America, Italy, other parts of Australia and now travelling for tennis parrot's going to new places almost every month.

Kimi went to go turn the lights off but i stopped him so i could turn on small light on my bed side table. One thing about me, I hated sleeping in the pitch black. Once he came back he was practically laying on the edge of the bed.

"Kimi" I whispered.

I heard a hum in response and turned half his body towards me so he could look at me

"You do know you don't have to lay right on the edge right"

I heard him sigh before shuffling in towards the middle of the bed more.

Soon enough i heard his breathing shallow, meaning he was most likely already asleep. why can men fall asleep so quick? I was staring up at the ceiling, not being able to fall asleep yet again. A constant problem i was yet to solve.

The next half an hour I ended up reading a book, It has taken me months to get half way into it. It's only around 500 pages but I'm not usually a big reader and my busy schedule doesn't help. In these moments I'm glad I had brought a book because going on my phone would keep me up even more and possibly wake Kimi up who was now curled up into a ball, facing towards me. It was actually funny, he was holing on to my stuffed parrots leg, something I usually do.

At some points of the book i wanted to throw it across the room, shut it and burn it. Other points my jaw fell to the floor, my hand covering my mouth. It was definitely an all emotion book.

-

I had briefly checked my phone to see that it was 2am, great. I was still reading my book that was still not even close to finishing. Kimi had moved a few times, now closer to me. His head almost laying on my shoulder. i didn't mind. As long as he was comfortable it was fine.

Then I heard a grumble next to me causing me to look up from my book to the boy laying beside me.

"What are you doing awake?" His voice coated with sleep. It actually wouldn't surprise me if it was sleep talk.

"Can't sleep" I responded, giving him a tight smile that he most likely couldn't see because of the dark lighting.

"Come here" He gestured for me to lay in his arms. I put my book down on that bed side table and scooted over and laid my head on his chest. His right arm pulled on my right shoulder, pulling me in closer towards him. "Don't forget Parrot" He chuckled, still half asleep. I grabbed parrot, hugging it tight in my arms. Until Kimi wanted to share and also hugged it.

"Hey, parrot's mine"

"Stop whinning, let me hug parrot its only fair"

I let out a small laugh before tugging parrot back into my arms not before Kimi had snatched it completely out of my arms. which resulted in us fighting over a stuffed parrot. How fun right?

"Ay give it back. No! Don't pull it by the neck its fragile there!" I said, grabbing parrot back into my arms, tuning away from Kimi and curling myself into a ball.

"Sorry Anne" He whispered in my ear, sending a chill down my spine.

I shut my eyes, then felt an arm snake around my waist pulling me against his back.

The last thing i knew before falling asleep was the feeling of Kimi's hand raking softly through my hair.

I felt a small kiss on the top of my head, he then continued to softly rake though my hair. I dozed off pretty quickly after that.

————————
Authors note
Hope this chapter was okay.
Bit of a cheesy chapter so hopefully it wasn't to cheesy.
Any errors will tried to be fixed before published if not i will try and find them and fix it!

Any criticism to help my writing improve, let me know!

909 Words

Side not
JANNIK SINNER IS INTO THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN FINAL AFTER BEATING NOVAK OMGGGGGG!
Sinner VS Medvedev final!
Im so excited for that you have no idea
I soooo badly want Sinner to win though!!
FORZAAA JANNIK🇮🇹

Buongiorno o buonanotte
-Eva
🤍