Part 8 - THE MADRID OPEN

Just a note that i might adjust some tournaments to fit into my timeline!

The next few weeks were busy, My brothers and I were in Spain for a lead up tournament to Roland Garros. It would be my first time playing here at the Madrid Open and so far it was going good. I had checked out the F2 calendar to see that Kimi didn't have a race for this month. While I had tournaments stacked up he was probably training fo his next race.

I was now in second round and I was up against Caroline Garcia, world number 19. A much more experienced player than me, and probably way more experienced on clay. Yes i had just won Monte-Carlo but that doesn't mean that I am well trained and used to it. It's also about confidence on clay, and i suffer from not having enough of that.

Nick was playing this tournament as well, he wanted to see how his knee was coming along so what better way to test it out right? Also to Nick's surprise he had won his first round match in 3 sets against Zizou Bergs, world number 119. I'm not sure how Nick's knee is feeling now because he wont tell anyone but i hope he can get through this tournament then rest up for Roland Garros.

Jake had gotten a harder draw, he had to play Frances Taifoe, world number 17 and although he had win in 3 sets, he wasn't happy with his performance. It was a good win i don't know what he's on about.

I was the only sibling playing today, Jake and Nick played yesterday so they were playing tomorrow.

What If i don't do well? What If i loose, will I get more hate? I had just won Monte-Carlo, if i loose people will have the right to call me lucky...
What if the pressure gets to me? Do i withdraw, can i withdraw right now? No that would make it worse.

"As you said, If you were to tell anyone that doesn't know you personally they would judge you, it perfectly okay to be in that shell for now. Until you find yourself amongst everything around you, you can't do anything. It will be difficult but that's progress and you know that, you have experienced many times in tennis"

I should print that and hang it up everywhere in my room, maybe that will work.

-

Ok well maybe I overreacted a little bit. I actually played really good today, like i was on fire good. I bet Garcia 6-2 6-3. Into the 3rd round of the Madrid Open i go! I play the winner of Jessica Pegula or Coco Gauff, an America play off. It should be interesting I'll definitely go and watch it and support my best friend Coco of cause. I of cause have to watch my brothers play, they play on the same court. One after the other. That's pretty helpful.

PING
PING

I look down at my phone to see a message from Kimi.

KIM K🏎️💨

Congrats
You played amazing out there.

Thank you!

I wish i was there, maybe i could go to Roland Garros?

If you can than sure
But if our schedules don't match up don't worry about it okay

OH
My schedule matches up with Wimbledon
I race at silver stone that week.
I can come see you then
OHH and you can come to my races!

I would love to.
But worry about that when its sooner!
Focus on your training

Fine!
Bye Anna, talk soon.

Bye Kim K  (;

————-

I have never been to a grand Prix before. Watching Kimi race would be awesome and i would get see Arthur and the other boys again as well. We have been in touch, he has been telling about him and his brothers races from time to time. Telling me how unlucky he can be. I know that his and Charles time will come, its all about timing. Arthur has also been inpatient about when we can next meet up with the group. Seems like Wimbledon will be it!

————————
Authors note
This chapter is kind of just like a filler and the next one might be the same.
Hope it wasn't to boring.

Any grammatical errors will tried to be fixed!

Any criticism of my writing for it to improve, let me know!

745 words
Buongiorno o buonanotte
-Eva
🤍