Part 21 - ESCAPE

This morning would have been normal except it wasn't. And I didn't like the way it felt.

Today I was playing my semi-final match and my nerves were pounding out of my chest. No matter what I did to try and make myself calm sown. Nothing worked.
This was the reason why Coco wanted to hang out with me yesterday instead of today. She knows me better than one of my brothers. She had this charm to her that could calm me down before big matches but right now she wasn't available so I felt lost.

I started to zone out. Staring at a light beige wall. Fuzzy carpet flooring. Small room.

Small room

Small room

Small room

Im in a small room...

"Anna"

A voice made me look up. I was still in my haze. I couldn't escape it.

They were kneeling down in front of me. I hadn't even realised that I was sitting on the floor against the bed.

"Anna"

There was that voice again. I knew it I just couldn't focus.

"Anna...It's me, immie"

Immie

I know immie

I snapped out of that suffocating haze and looked up.

A blond boy, longer hair, crystal blue eyes and bits of facial hair.

Immie

"Anna are you okay?"

"Yeah-no. Not really"

"Come here"

He stood up opening his arms for me.

I hesitantly stood up and shuffled into his warm embrace. He had his signature colone on. The same one from years ago.

"Wait...How did you get in here. It was just me in here?"

"Nick had a spare card. I told him that i was meeting up with you"

"So he just let you in..."

I took a step back. The back of my legs hitting the bed.

"Told him you were most likely asleep so he agreed and opened it and left straight to away"

I plopped myself down on the bed and looked at my watch for the time.

9.23am.

I furrowed my brows. Nick said he was having breakfast with Costeen down the road for 9.15am. That means he wouldn't have been in his room.
Unless Jake opened it. But Jake wouldn't have a spare card. He doesn't care enough about me to have a spare key card.

Something isn't adding up...

My panic attack wouldn't have lasted long. So that means he only came in maybe around 5 minutes ago. Which confused me even more.

I wish Kimi was here right now.

I needed him right now.

He said that he was going to hang with Arthur before my match, which was scheduled for 12pm. He had left around 8.45am so really not that long ago. Not sure what he was up to but by the looks of their instagram stories it looked fun.

I felt the bed dip beside me.

"you okay?"

I looked to my side and nodded.