𝟐

FENIX

"You have one more chance to give me the answer." I twisted the knife that was digging into his thigh and the loud cries of agony filled the room again.

His face was covered in blood. His nose broken, a few of his teeth missing.

"Two of my men have died and the shipment is gone." I gritted out. His expression twisted in pain as I dug the knife deeper into his flesh.

He was barely catching up on his breath but I had no time to waste.

Three days ago the truck full of guns got blown up. Two of my men who were inside, died. The filth that was seated on a chair right in front of me has the answers to who did it but he has been pretty loyal to his boss.

Even though I broke few of his teeth and changed his face structure, he still won't talk.

It was somehow admirable in a way. How much he was willing to put up with for a man who probably couldn't give two shits about him. It was how they were brought up in our world.

He won't be quiet for too long though.

"Chain him up. No food." I straightened myself up and buttoned up my suit jacket. I looked at Kieran and he nodded his head twice.

There was blood on my knuckles and I marched towards the sink. The dim lights were flickering on top of the small mirror and I turned on the faucet.

The blood started to spill into the water and soon the stains were washed off my skin.

I didn't particularly enjoy this side of my job and life.

It was not because of the gore and the cries of pain that I was seeing and hearing but rather it was more that it was very messy.

I hated when my clothes got dirty.

Especially with blood.

After I was done with washing my hands, I dried them off and turned to Kieran. He was chaining up the man to the ceiling.

Kieran has been with me since we were kids. His dad served mine along his side for years and now Kieran was by my side.

At age twenty-nine, he was amazing at his job. He was a loyal worker and my friend.

"Call me if something comes up." I said to him and ran a hand through my hair, pushing the few strands away from my forehead.

"I will." He said back.

With that, I turned around and started to walk to the door.

The basement was heavily guarded, with a door of steel and few man standing in front of it. I made my way past them and they bowed their heads in respect.

Respect was earned and I have spent my whole life doing so by being by my dad's side. Learning and observing.

Cillian Carolingian was the former boss of our family and the man I looked up to. Dad has been the rock of our family as well as my late grandfather.

Even though I was raised by my parents, my grandma was the one that I spend most of my time with.

While she was alive, she was my comfort place to go to. Her house was like a safe heaven for me. It was where I was able to escape the stress and chaos that occurred my life.

That's why I wanted that house for myself.

Grandma left the will to me. But like the smart woman she was, she set up a few rules. One single thing I had to do, to actually inherit her fortune.

Get married and have a wife.

She has been the one person to always talk positive about marriage and how important it was. I didn't have the same mindset.

I didn't need a wife. Now though, I really had to think about it.

I was thirty-five. At my age I was supposed be a family man but no. That just wasn't for me. I liked my life as it was. Alone.

But my time was ticking. I was only able to inherit the house by getting married by the age of thirty-seven. I had year and half time to figure something out.

There has been countless of opportunities to marry a noble wife from some of the other Mafia families.

That wasn't going to work because getting a divorce from said women was impossible. It would cause a war.

I needed a simple girl that was willing to marry me for couple of months, until I get what I want and then she would be out of the picture.

The house was going to be mine and I was able to live my life as I wanted.

As I made my way to the car, my phone rang and I rolled my eyes as I saw the name.

Alannah.

Not wanting to ignore her yet again, I pressed the button and brought the device close to my ear.

I stepped in the car and lowered myself on the leather seat.

"What is it, Alannah?"

"Hello to you too, brother." She spoke, clearly annoyed by my words.

"Hello, what do you want?" I leaned my head back and let out a sigh.

"Can't I call my brother to see how he is?" Okay, I can't be mad at her for calling me. We lived on two different continents.

When I didn't speak further she began to talk.

"I miss being home. I miss you and mom and dad."

"You were the one who decided to marry a Spanish guy." Alannah was married to David, one of the sons from the Ortiz family. They lived in Spain and their marriage wasn't an arranged one as many that happened.

They met in college. As much as I hated the fact of her living away from us, I knew she was safe with him.

"Fenix, why are you like this? I love David but that doesn't mean I don't miss you guys."

"Why did you call?"

"I just wanted to talk."

"Well I don't have time." Not for her gossips anyway. I love my sister but she can be annoying as fuck.

My head was pounding and there was no way I was going to sit here and listen to her. I had two meetings to attend and then hope that the fucker in the basement starts to talk.

"Please..." Before she was able to say anything else, I hung up.

I threw the phone on the passenger seat, started the car and drove off.

I needed a break from all of this. I just hope tomorrow's dinner goes well. The men I was going to met weren't my favourite and I definitely won't put up with their crap.

I pressed on the pedal and speed off to my office.

And the first chapter from Fenix's pov🫶

🤍