𝟕

FENIX

Loud knock on the door made me tare my eyes away from the computer screen.

When I didn't said anything, the door opened and Kieran peeked his head inside.

"You free?" He asked and stepped inside when I nodded my head. I was in the office doing some paperwork. I leaned back on the leather chair and ran a hand over my face.

"How did the meeting with Franco go?" I asked and tapped my fingers on the glass surface of the desk.

"He won't make problems anymore. It's taken care of." I hummed at his answer. Kieran is dealing with all of the minor issues we have. He is my second in command and I trust that he will do anything right.

Since I took over dad's position six years ago, Kieran has been my underboss.

"And?" He lifted his eyebrow and the annoying smirk I hated the most, formed on his lips.

As much as I appreciated Kieran, he was like an annoying fly.

"What?"

"How did it go?" I knew exactly what he was applying to. My visit to Elsie's home. Kieran was the only one who knew about my plan.

"Good." I replied with a monotone voice.

"Just good?" I swear I was going to punch him in the face.

I wasn't expecting that everything was going to play out as it did. She did a hell of a good job with raising that kid. He was smart and more well mannered than most people I have met in my life.

It was admirable how much she achieved alone. There were parents that never made so much as she did alone at such young age.

When I met her for the first time, I didn't expect her to be so...

"Do you really think you'll be able to divorce this girl after everything is done?" Kieran pulled me out of my thoughts with his question.

"Yes. Why not?"

"You have been staring at her photo every time I get here. You couldn't even contain yourself from visiting the restaurant every single day." He pointed his finger on the file on the desk.

It was the informations he got for Elsie.

On the front page there was her photo she has posted on her social media about three years ago.

She was dressed in a bright blue dress and her hair was even more red and shorter. The smile on her face was bright and she was seated on the picnic cloth in a park.

A curiosity bubbled in my chest as I wondered who took the picture.

She mentioned that she had two boyfriends before. Probably some pathetic college boys.

Kieran didn't get too much informations because Elsie seemed to be a private person. She even changed her last name about eight years ago. Darlington was her grandpa's last name. Her mom's father.

She had a sister, Ian's mother. Her grandparents died when she started college and Ian moved in with her about two years ago.

Not much was known about her parents. The only thing he was able to find out was that they now live in Portugal.