𝟑

ELSIE

My hands were shaking and I felt my throat get dry.

Why was I getting nervous over nothing?

I'll just serve the table and that was it. It's not like the people there are going to interrogate or yell at me. Well I hope they don't.

I have had couple of times where costumers tried to make conversations with me. Telling me their life stories or problems.

This will be more of a business dinner so I don't think anyone will even pay attention to me.

"Is my hair okay?" Aspen asked and almost whined while looking at herself in the mirror. I knew the struggle of not being able to fix your hair when you needed it the most.

"Let me pin this strand." I said and took the bobby pin from her hand. I carefully fixed the back of her hair, while trying not to mess up anything else.

"Ugh thank you. I'll literally cut it bald one day. I swear I can't take it anymore." Aspen had a beautiful shinning blond hair. It was long and straight.

She was tall and had a stunning porcelain skin. Her piercing blue eyes were the first thing people noticed about her and she had the most adorable smile. Long elegant posture was what I envied the most about her appearance.

I on the other hand, was completely opposite.

I was pretty short, well average high but I guess people around me were always tall. Even though I was on the skinnier size, I didn't look like a model. And being like this wasn't really my choice or from having diets. It was more because I didn't have time to take care of myself.

With Ian and everything, I barely had any time to actually look after my figure.

My boobs were none existent and as well as my ass. I had glasses resting on my button nose because my vision was worse than ever. Now that I thought of it, I haven't visited the ophthalmologist in what it feels like forever.

Today my red wine hair was in a slick bun and I was glad that at least my hair was not acting up.

Since I was young, I have been insecure about my hair. It was slightly curly and always required a lot of time and care. Even my classmates use to make fun of it and since middle school, I have been straightening it or putting it in tight hairstyles.

"They will be here soon." Lucas walked by us and all we were able to hear, were his harsh breaths.

He left as soon as he informed us and I nodded my head twice. Okay...

We still haven't gotten our uniforms so I was wearing our usual clothes. White shirt and black dress pants. The apron around my waist was in a dark burgundy colour and somehow matched my hair.

There have been couple of important dinners here. It was a den for rich people. I have served them and nothing ridiculous happened. It was like a regular day.

This time though, our boss specifically emphasised how major this business dinner will be. Apparently a lot of important men will attend it.

My mind went back to Ian. He was staying at Travis' place. Just like always, he offered for him to be there till I come back.

It tore my heart that I couldn't take him out. It always turns out to be like this. Every time I make him a promise, I break it. So many times I have told him that I will be taking him either to the park or to his favourite fast food restaurant, or anywhere else he loved, something had to come up.