𝟏𝟖

FENIX

As soon as I opened my eyes, a smile stretched over my face. Ian's face was nuzzled in his squishy toy while being completely pressed to Elsie's body.

Her hair was splashed all over her pillow and there was a pout on her adorable face. My arm was around them, the blanket tangled between them.

The sun was already up and shining through the cracks of the curtains.

Both Elsie and Ian were peacefully sleeping. It was Sunday so Ian didn't have school today. Neither Elsie will be working on her computer. She accepted my mom's offer. She seemed happy doing the job and I was glad she found something she likes to do.

My gaze landed on her neck, there was a slight redness from last night. And then I remembered how her lips tasted and the addictive sounds she let from her throat.

I have been restraining myself from kissing her for a long time now. Last night though, I couldn't resist and gave in to my desire.

She was so responsive and I couldn't help myself but kiss and touch her. The irritation on her face before I responded to her kiss, is still imprinted in my mind and I couldn't help but tease her even more.

Before I got lost in my thoughts, I decided to get up.

I kissed Ian's temple and Elsie's forehead before I slowly removed my arm and carefully got out of bed. I didn't want to wake them up.

The small clock on the night stand showed that it was almost 8am.

I stretched my arms over my head and walked towards the bathroom. After I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I went to the closet and dressed in shorts and a t-shirt.

I got out and my eyes flew to the vanity desk. All of Elsie's products were thrown around and her jewellery box was open.

The gold necklace with the tiny emerald crystal caught my eyes. She was wearing it on our wedding day. It seemed like she kept it in the box and only wore it on special occasions.

The line between my eyebrows deepened. It looks familiar, like I have seen it somewhere.

Even at the wedding when we stood at the altar, when I looked at it, I was sure that I have seen it before.

I pushed the thoughts away. I must have seen it somewhere in a jewellery store while buying my mom or Alannah a gift.

I glanced at Elsie and Ian for the last time and got out of the room.

The house was quiet and I headed straight to the gym. I rolled my shoulders and grabbed a water bottle from the kitchen in the way to the gym and also took the earphones.

It was my usual routine to workout at home in the morning whenever I had time.

When I stepped inside, the sun shining through the windows, warmed my skin. My mind went back to Elsie and her soft and delicate skin.

I wish there were no restrictions between us. I wish I was able to kiss her without caring about a contract.

Just as I got lost in my head, my phone started to ring. I let out a sigh of frustration and then looked at the screen.

Of course it was Kieran.

I pressed the green button and answered.

"What?"

He cleared his throat and spoke. "Good morning to the best boss to ever exist. I hope I didn't wake you up." What was wrong with him? He only acted like this if he did something wrong.