𝟐𝟓

FENIX

I held Elsie closer to me as she silently cried. Her face burned in my chest and her hands loosely locked around my waist.

I lifted my hand and tangled my fingers into her hair, the lock soft, their vibrant dark red colour fading away slowly.

The office was silent, only Elsie's cries echoing around us.

"Shh." I kissed her temple and ran my palm over her back.

"I miss him a lot. He loved me and Sally so much." She spoke, her voice broke and I tightened my arms around her.

I'm sure he did. I only remember him briefly but he seemed like a good kid.

Many men who looked to work for us, it was to secure a better life for their families. They thought that it was an easy money and that it will take away some of their difficulties.

Her brother must have worked for my dad for the same reason. From what Elsie told me and from what Kieran was able time find out, her parents didn't seem to care about her or Sally.

Elsie pulled away and rubbed her eyes. They were red and slightly puffy.

I cupped her face and ran my thumbs under her eyes that were glistening with tears.

"Let's go to bed, baby. You look tired. What do you say?"

"Okay." She whispered. I placed my hand on her back and guided her to the door. I'll do the rest of the work tomorrow. Being with Elsie was more important now.

Her shoulders were slumped down and her body was pressed next to me as we made our way to our bedroom.

I opened the door and we stepped in.

The lights were dimly lit and Elsie's side of the bed was unmade. She was probably waiting for me earlier.

Then my eyes averted to the vanity where she had her belongings.

The necklace was there. Memories flew back. That's why the necklace looked familiar. It was her brother I helped that day. I was the one to buy the gift for her.

I didn't say anything though. It didn't matter if I paid for it. It was her brother's gift for her.

"I'll just go and take a shower quickly." I said to her.

She whipped her head around and looked up at me. Her fingers tightened around my palm and her lips parted while her brows creased upwards.

Her eyes were still filled with tears that were ready to fall down her face.

She pressed herself to me and I kissed her forehead.

"You want to take a shower with me?" I asked quietly.

"Mhm."

"Let's go then." We entered the bathroom and I turned on the lights.

I slowly began to strip my clothes and so did Elsie. She took off her pyjamas carefully, her eyes focused somewhere on the floor. While my eyes were focused on her face.

It wasn't anything sexual. She just needed my comfort and I was going to give it to her.

It almost felt natural. It's like this was our every day routine.

When we were completely bare off our clothes, I noticed her face get red. She wrapped her hands around her and we walked over to the shower stall.

I turned on the water and shielded Elsie from the cold water till it got hot after couple of seconds.

Her head fell on my chest again and I grabbed her shampoo bottle. It smelled divine. I squeezed some of it on my palm and started massaging her hair.

She closed her eyes and the tears finally fell down her delicate face.

I prepped kisses all over her eyes and cheeks while I cleaned her hair and body.

Then I did the same to me. Her gaze lovingly wandered over my face and I felt my heart skip a beat.

I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. She tasted sweet yet salty from the tears that were staining her skin.

She relaxed in my hold and lifted her hands to my face.

As much as I wanted to enjoy and explore her body, now was not the time for it. Elsie just needed someone to hold her.

I couldn't think only about my needs but hers as well.

Her soft skin pressed against mine was enough. Her breaths on my lips were enough. Her fingers on my face were enough.

Her heart beat against mine was enough.

She was enough.

"We should get out. You're tired and I don't want you falling asleep here." I squeezed her hips and she smiled. Her perfect smile that lit up my day and immediately brought joy to my chest.

"As you say." She poked my stomach and squeezed the excess water off her hair. I grabbed us towels and wrapped them around our bodies.

After we dried ourselves and dressed in some clothes, I made her sit on the chair next to the sink.

She looked confused but soon she realised what I had in mind when I grabbed the hair brush.

Her shoulders relaxed and she let me brush her hair.

I did it slowly, not wanting to accidentally hurt her.

"I like this." She said and hummed, her eyes closed.

"Then I'll always do it for you."

"Really?" Her eyebrows shot upwards while her eyes widened and I nodded my head while smiling at her.

"Good then. I'm not complaining." She wigged her shoulders and I was glad that she was back like she was half hour ago. I know how hard it must be for her to see her brother, to get those memories back.

She never really talked about him before. She would only mention him but it was evident how hard it was for her to remember him and talk about him.

I dried her hair a little bit and then did one braid with her thick locks.

"Now it's time for sleep." I said when I saw her eyes close on their own. She nodded but still didn't make a move to stand up.

I hooked my arms under her knees and her back and lifted her up.

She wrapped her hands around my neck and we made our way to the bed.

I laid her down on her side and then slumped my body next to hers.

Not even a second after, I laid, Elsie found her way to me. She snuggled into my torso and nuzzled her face into my neck.

Sleep consumed her sooner than I thought and her light snores filled the room.

"I love you, Elsie." I whispered.

Sorry for the shitty update but I got sick🥲😓

🤍🤍🤍