𝟏𝟓

ELSIE

The rays of sun shone through the window. The light fell over my face and I slowly started to open my eyes.

My nose scrunched at the blinding light and I tried to extend my hands above me but I felt heaviness weight me down.

Soft breaths fanned my neck and I looked down. Fenix hand his arms wrapped around my middle. His face was buried in my neck and half of his body was covering mine.

I turned my head to the nightstand and looked at the clock. It was time for me to get up and then wake Ian up for school.

Carefully, I tried my best to wiggle my body out of his hold. I don't even know how we ended up like this. Last night after he went to take a shower, I immediately fell asleep. I was too exhausted.

Even though I wanted to make sure he was okay after he got out, I failed. The tiredness got the best of me.

Fenix tightened his arms around me and I let out a breath, realising that I'll have to wake him up as well. Maybe he also had to go to work but overslept.

I bit my lip and slowly brought my hand to his face. Tenderly, I brushed his hair back. His eyes were shut tightly and even asleep, his eyebrows were slightly furrowed.

I ran my fingers down his cheek and then his neck and shoulder. The freckles scattered across his nose were even more visible from this close.

Without thinking twice, I gently pressed my lips to his forehead. He always did it to me and every single time it made my stomach twist and turn in happiness.

After couple of minutes, I finally decided to wake him up. "Fenix?" I slightly shook his shoulder. He groaned and further nuzzled his face in my neck.

He usually wakes up really early but apparently not today.

He seemed very worried last night. Something was bothering him but he didn't want to tell me. It's not like I was entitled to his explanation.

Finally after some while, Fenix turned on his back and I was able to breathe properly without his weight on my chest.

He rubbed his face with his palms. I hurriedly pulled the covers off me and sat on the bed. After I gathered myself, I stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

My face was feeling hot and I quickly washed it with a cold water. I brushed my teeth and did everything else before walking outside.

Fenix was standing up from the bed and he rolled his shoulders and in the process, the muscles on his stomach flexed.

I gulped and cleared my throat.

"I'm sorry I woke you up. I have to get ready and wake Ian up for school."

"It's okay. I had to get up anyway." He walked past me and went to the closet. I hope I didn't look awkward because of the way we woke up.

Oh my God! What if he felt me kissing his forehead?

I covered my mouth with my hand and felt the embarrassment enter my body.

Why don't you think with your stupid head before you do something Elsie?

Fenix walked out with clothes in his hands. He then proceeded to walk towards the bathroom and I heard the door lock.