𝟐𝟏

FENIX

FENIX

"Everything is alright, sir. The wound is not that deep." The doctor said and took off his glasses.

"The only thing I would advise you on is, don't do any heavily lifting. Don't overwhelm your arm." Those were his final words before he left the office.

Carefully, with struggle, I put my shirt back on. My shoulder felt sore but it was not like I haven't been shot before.

The bullet only grazed me anyway.

I looked up at the clock on my desk. It was almost 9pm. My mind immediately went to Elsie. She was probably getting ready for bed.

I haven't been home in two days. Not because I didn't want to, I did. But I wanted to give her the space she wanted. Also work had to get complicated just right now.

I didn't want to bother her that's why I didn't even call.

Leon said that she spent her days with Ian and working. It was enough for me to know that she was safe. Both her and Ian.

I leaned back on my leather chair and tilted my head back.

The look on her face when I left her, is still imprinted in my mind. She was in that state because of me. I should have never pressured her to marry me in the first place.

I could have helped her in another way not by practically forcing her to marry me.

Both her and Ian were in this situation because of my selfishness.

My phone rang and I reached with my other hand to the table. It was Leon. I told him to inform me on Elsie.

I picked up the phone and brought it to my ear.

"Hello, sir." He spoke.

"Hello, Leon."

He told me how she spent her day. She was shopping apparently and then went home with Ian.

And he said that he saw her crying.

I felt my stomach twist in pain. What was I doing? I should go back home to her. It doesn't matter if she gets mad at me, I just have to see her.

I tucked my phone in my pocket and stood up. I marched through the door and went to the elevator. The building was quiet at this time, only Kieran's voice echoed in the empty hallways.

Who was he talking on the phone everyday anyway?

He really didn't know how to shut up.

When I got out of the elevator, the guards greeted me and I walked towards the car and got inside.

It was hard to drive with a wounded shoulder but I had to see Elsie. She has been crying and I can't take the thought of her crying because of me. Because I was stupid enough not to call her or at least text her.