𝟐𝟎

ELSIE

Fenix has been gone for two days. Since the day at Ian's birthday party, he hasn't been home.

Just like yesterday and the day before, I woke up alone in bed. Not a trace of him being here.

Usually I was able to tell that he was here even if he went to work earlier. But not these past two days. It's like he was never even here. Ian asked about him and I told him he was at work.

I couldn't get myself to text or call him and ask him where he was.

I turned on my back and started at the ceiling. What have I done? I was a complete mess right now. I didn't know what to do.

I was utterly and completely lost.

Tears started to blur my eyes yet again. I have lost count of how many times I cried in these past two days. I covered my face with my hands and groaned in frustration.

The clock on my nightstand showed that it was little before eight. I pushed my body up and sat on the edge of the bed.

I had to wake Ian up and get him ready for school.

Trying to push the anguishing throughs away, I stood up. My head throbbed and I messaged my temple with my fingers, trying to ease some of the tension.

My feet touched the cold floor and I made my way towards the bathroom. As soon as I looked at the mirror, my shoulders slumped.

My hair was a mess, sticking from all places. My eyes were puffy and rimmed with red, they stung with each blink.

The dark circles around them were more visible, making me look like I have not slept in years.

I did my best to move away from the mirror and get into the shower. I stripped my clothes and stepped under the hot water.

After I quickly washed my hair and my body, I got out and wrapped a towel around my hair and then one around my middle.

I picked up some random clothes and got dressed. I then let my damp hair down and brushed my teeth.

I had to hurry up and wake Ian up. When I got to his room, I knocked and walked in. He was still sleeping but I woke him up by kissing his forehead.

"Wake up, baby." He groaned and I rubbed his back gently.

"Let's get you ready. You have school today." He extended his hands and I pulled him up. His eyes were still closed but nevertheless, he swung his legs over the bed and got up.

We went to his bathroom and he brushed his teeth while I got ready his bag and chose him an outfit.

I just hope he won't be asking about Fenix. Since the day he brought up the question about calling him dad, he hasn't mentioned anything else.

He did ask about Fenix but that was it. It broke my heart even more because it felt like I was dismissing him while I didn't even know what kind of answer to give him.

Now that Fenix was not home, I was even more lost.

Maybe he realised that we should have been distant like this since the beginning.