𝟏𝟎

ELSIE

We didn't kiss.

When the officiant said 'you may kiss the bride' Fenix leaned and placed his lips on my forehead.

I'm glad he respected my wish of not kissing on the lips. It was way to intimidate to do it with a person you are acting to be in a marriage with.

No one questioned. When Bridget mentioned briefly, Fenix said that I wasn't comfortable with doing that in front of so many people. Which was also true.

She nodded in understanding and let go of the conversation. Aspen seemed to be disappointed in my decision of not wanting to kiss Fenix.

I knew what she was thinking and planning.

Currently, I was seated on my chair, at the newlywed table. There were plates with food and occasionally I grabbed pieces of the delicious cheese.

It must be one of those expensive ones.

Fenix was not here, he was standing by one of the tables, talking to some of his friends. Ian was next to him, looking up at them and observing their conversations.

He was fascinated by Fenix. This whole time, he was not letting go of his hand.

Fenix ran his fingers through his hair and I audibly gulped the piece of food down my throat. It still hasn't hit me that I was married to that man.

A man that looked like he walked straight out of a magazine. No, he was even better looking.

I heard someone walk towards me and I turned my head to my right. It was Aspen.

She had a glass with a drink in her hand and by the way she was smiling, I knew she had something ridiculous to say. She always does.

Her hair was flowing around her and she closed the distance between us.

I straighten my back and placed my hand on my stomach. It was hard to eat with this hard piece of clothing blocking your proper breathing. Especially when you are sitting.

She sat on Fenix's chair and turned to me.

"Are you gonna spend the night at the hotel or you're going home?" She asked.

"We're going back to his house." There was no way I was going to let Ian alone and stay here.

"I had an idea. So..." Here we go. "Don't look at me like that, just listen."

"Okay. Go."

"So you're gonna share a room right?" She lowered her voice and leaned forward. I nodded.

"When you go to the bathroom to change, dress in some cute underwear set and get out in the bedroom. And then he will see you and you'll pretend like you forgot that he was going to be there. Just say 'Ups, I totally forgot. This is how I sleep usually.' And then go back to the bathroom and dress in whatever you sleep in." Oh God, where was she going with this?

"He's gonna think about that the whole night. Probably the whole time you are married. I got you some cute lacy underwear and bra if you want." She took a sip of the drink and grinned at me like she said something totally innocent.