𝟐𝟒

AIDEN

I tapped my fingers on my thigh as I sat on the passenger's seat.

The driver parked on the parking lot and we all got out. I fixed the jacket of my suit and walked behind my boss.

Today I was signed up to be one of his guards and it was the second time I was meeting him.

I mainly communicated with Ethan. Their underboss.

We marched to the mall and I followed every one of his moves. I had to be extra careful and also observe my surroundings.

Boss entered the jewellery store and the workers welcomed him with open arms. I mean how could they not? His family was one of the most respected in this city.

"Welcome, sir. We have the bracelets ready. You can choose whichever you like the most. They are from the new collection." He was buying a gift for his mother. That much I was able to hear.

He nodded and walked over to the glass counter.

I wandered my eyes over the other jewellery items. These probably cost fortunes.

Elsie had birthday in couple of days and I wish I was able to buy her something like this.

I hope I'll earn enough money soon and buy her whatever she wants. It's why I worked. For her and Sally.

If something happens to me I know dad and mom will not take care of them just like they are not doing that right now.

With this job I'll have enough to save up for both of them.

They'll be able to go to school and finish college without caring about the expanses.

My eyes flew to a beautiful gold thin necklace with a small emerald tear-shaped crystal. It was one of Elsie's favourite colours.

"Can I see that one?" I asked the worker and he immediately took out the box and placed it in front of me. It's not like I would be able to buy it but I'm sure I can find something cheaper that looks like this.

"It's a limited edition." He said and I nodded.

I gave him a quick smile and took a step away.

"You're buying a gift for someone?" Boss spoke close to me and I turned around, slightly bowing my head.

"My sister has a birthday soon but I'll buy her something else." He placed his hand on my shoulder and looked at the worker.

"Pack that one as well." He told him. Her then turned to me. "It's on me."

"You really don't have to sir."

"It's okay. I also have a sister and I know how much it would have meant to her if I bought her a necklace like that one."

I never knew what kind of man Fenix Carolingian was and I didn't expect him to be like this.

He tapped my shoulder.

"Thank you sir. I'll pay you back." I bowed my head even further and felt the joy that Elsie was going to feel when she sees it.

"No need." He looked at me for the last time and stalked away.

The worker gave me the bag with the little box in my hands. I wrapped my hands around the straps and smiled.

Elsie will absolutely love this and knowing her, she'll always keep it close to her and safe.

Thoughts??

Fenix has always been amazing 🙈

🤍🤍🤍