One (Three)

You smile softly as you look out the window, the delicate breeze stroking your face, blowing your hair.

You breathe slowly and profoundly, closing your eyes and enjoying the scent of the sea reaching you like the miracle of the first snowdrop after winter.

The Victoria Punk left Wano yesterday, and you decided to stay with the Kid Pirates for one week before your departure.

Since you met Kid in the prison, the two of you barely had time alone. In safety and freedom, almost none.

Everything is different now.

You press your lips together and tighten the blanket around your body that you took against the cool air of the morning.

You think of King, whether you will ever see him again.

It's strange that once you are the tool of nobody anymore, you feel like maybe you never truly were.

Daughter.

Your heart clenches, and you open your eyes when you remember his face, with emotions so hard to read.

You wonder if he will ever find solace in his life. Find the one he looked for, the reason why he trained you through so many years.

It was cruel and lasting, but it was protection.

Protection from your real name and the heritage it carried, and protection from the threat that your Devil Fruit holds against the Government.

I don't think I could ever hate him. He did so many terrible things, to me and others, but I could not hate him.

With all that darkness from his past, he gave me all that little care he had left behind.

You shiver as the wind grows stronger, blowing the long strands of hair from your face.

You smile at the dawning Sun, then lift your arms and press your palms together.

You bow slightly to the sky where he belongs and whisper a thank you for the past, present, and future given to you by this world and the other.

You are full of hope and gratitude like never before.

It's a sensation so immense and eclectic that it almost bounds you to the ground as chains running over your body, reeling the arms, legs-

It stops when a tiny robot appears opposite your face and brushes your hair behind your ear carefully.

You blink in confusion at first, then glimpse back, and your eyes widen when you see Kid watching you with that one-sided smile, sitting in the bed.

He has two fingers of his flesh hand lifted as he guides the piece of metal floating opposite you, and when he tilts his head, the robot does it too.

You want to carve every detail of his silhouette into your mind, every second you see him.

He is perfect.

You start laughing sweetly, and his gaze softens as he hears it.

The robot flies back to the table, and the man leans forward, his red hair flowing freely without the goggles.

"Why are you up, Three?" he asks.

You turn back to the window and rub your eyes.

"King used to wake around this time for our morning fight," you answer, playing with the edge of the blanket hiding your figure. "I guess I'm used to it."

"That's torture," he yawns, laying back lazily, holding himself up with his elbows to keep the amber eyes on you.

"You can get used to it. And I like the-"