Fifteen (Wreny)

A few days later

Wreny's side

"Can you give me a hand with the eggs?" you ask, turning to your love, who is reading the newspaper in the middle of the room, his legs put up on the table.

He looks at you surprisedly, the strap of his white athlete falling to his shoulder.

Flashy.

"What?"

"We're in charge of cooking today, Edgy!" you snap. "You didn't think I'd do it all by myself, right?"

He smirks and lifts the news again.

"Well, you are the woma-"

He shrieks when you throw a piece of bread at him angrily, and he falls to the ground from the chair as he messes up his escape route.

A few seconds later, Eustass Kid walks in, his painted nails fidgeting with the edge of the bandages that Law forced around his chest yesterday.

He is almost completely fine by now, his wounds finally closed after such a long time. His amber eyes find you, and he grins.

"You okay, [Y/N]? I heard a high-pitched scream," he asks quite politely for his usual manner, hopping down on the chair opposite your love's side, who stays down while you laugh loudly. "What's so funny, eh? And Trafalgar, why the fuck are you licking the floor? Is that good? Weird ass shit."

Law's tanned skin turns to an even deeper tone of red, even though you thought he reached his limit before.

He looks at you with anguished begging in his gaze that you don't tell on his scream.

But you only grin at him and hand over a cup of tea to the redhead, who barks back a bit off 'Thank you'.

"It's nice of you to ask, Eustass," you chuckle, poking at Law with your chin. "But the princess to be saved is right there."

The man's jaws drop slightly at first, and his eyes widen, then he starts laughing so harshly that the ship shakes, and both of you start hitting the table with your fists for the dramatic effect.

Law stands up, gritting his teeth at your show, and you note to yourself that you found a great ally in the redhead.

Your love sits down again and tries to conceal behind his newspaper.

"And what was he bitching about?" asks Eustass, elbowing above your shoulder with a smirk, calling you closer for more gossip as he sips the tea while holding the cup with his metal hand. "Did he mess up his pretty eyeliner or what?"

What would you know about-

But you don't say it out loud when you see the perfect black lines under his non-existent eyebrows, and your respect grows exceptionally for the pirate.

You are so taken aback by the new realization that you actually answer him the truth, even if at first you wanted to spare at least this sore point for your sweet Edgy.

"Nah, I threw some bread at him," you say a lot more casually than you intended to.

And Eustass chokes on his tea, successfully spitting it out.

It soaks Trafalgar's paper, which crumbles into pieces with flawless comedic timing to reveal the stunned, betrayed face of the man, who was hiding behind it.

"HE IS AFRAID OF FUCKING BREAD?!" wheezes Kid so hard that he starts rolling on the ground, and Law moves his sharpened eyes on you with clearly declared murdering intent. "But why?! And why did you do it?"