Twelve (Wreny)

A few days after the reunion

You chuckle silently as you watch Law argue with Bepo because the bear doesn't want to let him hold any of the packages, even though the man is almost completely healed by now.

Shiro shakes his head a little and secures the last ropes to get the ship ready to take off. He looks at you, and you tilt your head as he smiles sweetly at the sight.

"What is it?" you ask.

"I'm just glad you stay with us, [Y/N]," he answers, and you turn away to hide your rosiness. "We all are."

"Wreny, tell Bepo to stop!" cries out Law at the Shore, and you hear Shiro start laughing. When you look back, you join him as you see the mink carrying his Captain, insisting that he still needs time to get better. "WRENY!"

"Good job, Bepo!" you grin, giving him a thumbs up. "Hold him a little tighter, I think he can still breathe!"

And the bear laughs, hugging the man until his angered shouting gets muffled into a pathetic howl.

Shiro sighs, stepping out of the ship to loosen the rope that you used to dock. Once the other two arrive, you will set sail. Now that Law is better, every day counts.

You must catch up to Eustass Kid and Three before they take their next route, unknown to your little group.

"Why do you torment him all the time?" asks your best friend, nodding toward your love fighting off Bepo's uncontrollable avalanche of affection.

"For fun," you grin, and Shiro rolls his eyes so hard that his head follows it, his brown, wavy locks bouncing with it.

Your smile softens as you look back at Law, hiding his reddish face in defeat as Bepo carries him proudly alongside the rest of your things.

So he does allow the princess treatment for a few.

"Besides," you whisper. "I believe it helps him. He has a hard way of expressing his feelings. That might be why he gathered people like you and Bepo, who are always honest."

"You think you are not?" asks back the boy, and you cast your eyes down, sitting down at the end of the ship.

The wind caresses your long hair, and you breathe out slowly.

"I don't think I'm honest with myself, to begin with," you answer, looking back as Bepo closes in the last bit of distance, placing his Captain on the deck. "Else, I would have never thought about leaving him alone."

The golden eyes smile as they see you, and his lips follow them a few moments later.

Your heart feels light and warm as he stands up, and you walk there, embracing his waist for a moment and kissing him briefly.

Law strokes your arm with love, and you shudder a little as the wind catches the main sail.

When you press your cheek to his chest, Bepo laughs and pulls all three of you into a group hug.

And you can't help the tears coming to your eyes from their honest, pure care.

You are home.

.

.

.

Later

Law is walking around your cabin, examining the subtle details of the furniture.

You took this ship from the harbor of Mariejois, and even though this was the smallest and most traditional one, it's still the most expensive thing you have ever traveled in.