Six (Three)

There are many kinds of dreams one can have.

Some carry darkness, and some carry light.

Hope and sorrow, grief and love, they all meet in that ocean where time was born and where it will die one day after the last star flickered away into oblivion.

It's a world we all visit and forget each day. All we have left are some fading memories, yet to be understood.

She has the power to see them. A power that connected her to another soul through time and space, creating a bond that never existed in history.

And he found her after twenty-three years of searching without ever knowing what he looked for.

.

.

.

After the defeat against Akagami Shanks

Sphinx island

Eustass Kid wakes up and sits up in his bed, gasping for air.

His whole body starts trembling, and his head falls over his knees as he pulls them up.

His thoughts are rushing without an end like a river of blood, thick and suffocating.

Three.

Killer?

Where am I? What happened?

"Slowly, Eustass," sounds a silent, kind voice, and the man looks up, fighting against the pressure of his chest and the burning tension of his sore muscles.

His gaze is blurred as he sees a figure standing at the door, with a familiar presence, warm as the Sun, generous as the Moon.

"Three!" cries out the pirate desperately, trying to leave his bed as he reaches for her.

His legs shake, and sharp pain runs over his body like lightning.

Kid growls from the impact and falls off, coughing up some blood.

Ace catches him with a scowl and helps him back on the bed. Kid's eyes are wide and confused as he recognizes the other.

A drop of sweat travels down beside the dark scar on his face.

He struggles for enough air, the stress and pain still running through his veins, stabbing through every nerve he has.

It's not her.

And as the memories return to him one by one, the despair shadows his face.

"Where is my crew?" he yells in panic, eyes gleaming with rage and misery. "WHERE ARE THEY?!"

"Oi, you need to-"

Kid pushes the black-haired man away and runs out of the room, not caring about the misery.

Ace freezes for a second as the bandage over his chest turns red a little from the stitches he ripped out with the fast movements.

"Killer!" yells the pirate hopelessly, his quivering voice drenched in such immense fear that the other man recoils. Conqueror's Haki shakes the little house as Eustass Kid fights his way forward despite the little consciousness he has regained. "KILLER! Heat! Wire! Where are-"

Ace tsk-s angrily when he rises from the first shock and runs after the redhead, who shouldn't be able to move yet.

And he arrives to see when Kid stops opposite a bed, where his best friend lies in complete silence.