Sixteen (Wreny)

[A/N]:
Me: writes a serious, carefully edited chapter with the first plot twist that I started this book for

Also me: *proceeding with the background picture*

.

.

.

'The River Styx is a principal river in the Greek underworld (also called Hades). The river forms a border between the underworld and the realm of the living.'

.

.

.

Your pulse is racing at an insane pace as you help Shiro loosen the central sail.

The ship of the Red-haired Pirates grows smaller in the distance as they head to a nearby island.

You can't see their deck anymore, as they are a lot faster, while your stolen bark from Mariejois wasn't created for fast speed.

You breathe heavily as you spot Akagami's main ship in the distance, waiting for their return by the shore.

You hate the danger you are going in, but you need to warn them in time.

Three was completely empty when she came to see you. She didn't have any trace of a human heart left.

She crumpled at the last second I saw them. Something is happening that I don't understand.

There was only one case when I felt such coldness in someone, and it was in Kuma's shell after they took him away from us.

But this is different. He was turned into a weapon without his own thoughts, only obeying orders, and Three became something worse.

How can she talk and act like this when she doesn't have a soul?

It's like a walking, thinking dead sanity, with a living body that was ripped unburdened of everything that makes us human.

The very thought terrifies you. All your life you, have been surrounded by the magic of your Devil Fruit, and this singularity causes a frightening hole in your world and your consciousness. It's a fate you wouldn't wish for your worst enemy.

And this woman, who you never heard anything wrong of-

"[Y/N]!" says Shiro scaredly, and you snap back to reality from his voice. You look down and turn pale as you see Eustass standing up for the first time since the creature left.

Kid seems to be completely detached from reality, blind in sorrow and rage.

His Conqueror's Haki is stronger than before, and the purple lightings of his magnetism gather as he lifts his flesh arm.

Your eyes widen as you realize he wants to follow them on his own, planning to gather enough metal to fly.

If he reaches Shanks alone, he will be killed.

"Law!" you shout, and your love runs there and holds the other Captain down, gritting his teeth from the effort.

Bepo rushes there to help with Shiro as they are closer, but they still have a hard time.

You see that Eustass doesn't want to hurt them, but he is desperate to go and tries to set himself free.

His power is too destructive on short range, and you change your grip on the rope you were holding, as you prepare to join them.