Eight (Wreny)

A few days after the Heart Pirates' defeat against Blackbeard

A small island in the New World

"You can't just leave now!" wails Shiro desperately, catching your arm.

You grit your teeth and keep walking despite the boy's weight trying to hold you back.

He stomps in frustration and keeps struggling, even if both of you are aware of that you are a lot stronger than him.

"[Y/N]!" he snaps as you reach for the side of your little ship.

"Let me go, Shiro!" you cry out angrily.

And with a snort, your best friend does a backflip, and you screech as you find yourself on the ground at the end of his perfect pancrator move.

The boy sits above you and pins down your arms with his feet. As he sees how you look away in defeat, he smiles, but you see the sadness remaining in his eyes.

"You can't do that to him," he states, cautiously lifting his hands to set his brown hair that fell to his forehead. "It's been over two years since we left them, and now, Law needs you more than ever. You must wait until he wakes up."

"I had a reason to leave him, remember?" you growl, turning him around skillfully. The boy yelps as you stand up, coating your hand with Haki. "And if you don't let me go, I'll just knock you out and go on my own. Am I clear?"

"You wouldn't," he grimaces, distrustfully eyeing your closed fist.

His pout and the wavy hair back at his face again makes him look like a piqued child.

You find it adorable.

"Yes, I would," you force on a smirk. "Don't try me, son."

"Come on, I'm only like three years younger!" he whines, and you take a deep breath, letting your arms fall. "[Y/N], please."

"I agree that you must stay with him, Shiro," you whisper. "But I bring more bad luck than good, in the current situation. And if he wakes up before I leave, he won't let me go again. You know it, too."

"Of course he wouldn't!" he shouts. "It's only the three of us left for him. I don't want either of you alone, never again. Don't force me to choose now that he needs us! What do you even plan to do?! Going back to Mariejois? We did everything we could there!"

"I will contact Sabo and go back to the Revolutionaries," you answer, turning away from him. This time, the boy doesn't follow you. "I'll get your crew back and keep fighting. That's what I'm good at."

You step with one leg on the ship and clench your fist to hide its trembling.

"You don't have to choose, Shiro," you say without looking back. "I already did that. Thank you for everything through this time, but now, your place is by your Captain. I will make sure you guys will be together again."

That is how it has to be.

But before you can set sail, the boy says something that stops you.

"You promised to heal him, [Y/N]. Did you forget that, too?"

Your eyes widen, and you shudder as you feel your nails digging into your skin, a drop of blood flowing out of the shallow wound just when a tear leaves your eyes.

And when you turn around to answer him, your world falls into pieces as you see someone appear on the road, having a hard time breathing, holding his bleeding arm as a stitch broke from his moving.

"Wreny?"

.

.

.