Four (Three)

"No."

.

.

.

Eustass Kid turns pale as a ghost, and his shoulders drop as he blinks in confusion.

A few seconds pass, and he turns bright red, then shakes his head.

"What did you say?" he asks, taken aback in surprise.

You look at him with empathy and take his hand, fondling it to calm him down.

"I said no," repeats Ace firmly, his face dark like never before. He stomps and raises his chin sassily, sets his arms akimbo. You almost laugh out when his upper body lights on fire. "Three, you are not allowed to marry him."

Kid's eyes twitch so violently that you literally hear it, and he raises his arm to punch your overprotective brother.

You snort in annoyance and push your hand into the redhead's face, tossing him back a little to stand between them.

"I didn't ask for your opinion. I stated it, Ace," you sigh, showing the ring on your hand. "We are engaged. I'm a grown woman anyway. I do what I want."

"How long have you known him, child?!" cries out the freckled man, clawing his perfect face. "A week?!"

Child?

"I don't know, maybe two or three months?" you wonder. "But you know we are connected longer. And you realize I'm the older, right?"

"But he's a pirate, Three!"

Kid groans so deeply that the floor shakes under you, and he peels your hand off his face.

"You're a pirate too, idiot!" shouts Eustass angrily, and your heart warms from how flustered his cheeks are, which he's unable to hide ever since you said yes to his proposal.

"What's so good about that large pile of testosterone anyway?" asks your brother.

As you stare at his completely serious and laconic expression, you let out a high-pitched groan, a mixture born of your will to sob and laugh at the same time.

"You wish you had that, huh?" snickers Kid dangerously, his fists clenching as he closes a little of the distance between them. As purple sparks of magnetism appear, Ace's fire grows stronger while he returns the bold grin. "Sorry, boy. I'm taken."

"Can you both stop that?" you ask desperately, and Kid growls, stepping back to your side and taking your hand.

"He started it, Three!" whines your love, his voice running high, his cheeks red as crimson.

I can't-

You smile at him and tighten your grip around his hand. The man tsk-s and pulls you to his side as he feels it.

He's adorable.

But you snap back to reality when Kid starts swearing under his nose, one thin line away from starting a fight.

You start to consider calling for Killer to get back up, but you want to handle this on your own.

Ace completely ignores the redhead, and you start to get scared which man will explode sooner.

You take a deep breath and turn to your fiancé, kissing his cheek as gently as you can. You smile at him, and Eustass Kid settles from your touch as always, his vast muscles ease.

"Let me talk to him," you whisper to him. "I'll join you soon. Go see how the others are doing."

The large pile of testosterone looks at you, and he breathes out slowly as he sees the begging in your eyes.