𝘹𝘹𝘪. 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘴

( chapter twenty-one 🎀 )times heals

times heals

IT'S BEEN A MONTH SINCE EVERYTHING HAPPENED TO BRADY AND MAXINE. both of them had gone no contact for a month. it was probably for the better, both of them healing in their own time.

maxine was off to greater things, getting so many casting calls for movies and shows. at times, she wondered what brady was doing. how could she not?

he's her first love.

she would be lying if she told people she was over brady, still getting that stomach drop whenever someone says his name. maxine heard from xochitl that brady was talking to somebody new and didn't like that somebody one bit.

so here maxine was, on the phone with xochitl while she complained about hanging out with brady's new girl the other day.

"and this girl does not know any manners. she makes brady do everything like he's her slave. i'm telling you right now max, she is a snob." xochitl ranted, rolling her eyes as she groaned.

maxine laughed at her ranting, curling her hair. "that sure sounds like a problem brady needs to fix." even when she says his name, her heart beats faster. "i wonder how he's doing without me."

"he's doing shit i think." her best friend shrugged her shoulders. "i mean, this new girl looks like an exact copy as you."

"xochitl, be nice." she scolded, asking another question. "are they even dating?"

"brady says its complicated. he said he can't date her, i don't know what he means by there." xochitl complained, running her hands down her face. "boys are so complicated!"

"tell me about it." maxine mumbled, letting the last piece of hair fall from the curler. "there you go, all done."

"where are you going?"