Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Didn't see you guys at breakfast." Caleb- well Lucky, spoke as Sam and I walk across the room to stand next to him by the mats. I wasn't prepared to do this today. I was up all night too nervous about what will happen today. I couldn't eat breakfast due to my nerves. With my luck I would've thrown it up by now anyway.

"Overslept." Sam sighs, giving him a shrug, "I wish I could've gone. I'm starving." She dramatically rubs her belly.

"I'll wake you next time." He smiles at her. I look away trying to hide my smile. Whether she wants to admit it or not, pretty sure Lucky has a crush on her.

Cyrus walks in the room getting my attention immediately. He had on black pants and a black T-shirt that showed all of his muscle. He walked in with the confidence that could knock us all out. His ocean eyes find mine and he give me a small smile causing butterflies to fill my stomach.

"Good morning." He says softly, once he reaches my side. "You weren't at breakfast?" His brows pull together and I stop for a moment. He noticed?

"Yeah I like my sleep." I answer, not wanting to tell him I just was too nervous to even think about food.

"But you need to eat to get stronger." His eyes narrow down at me. "Which means I will be making sure you eat lunch."

"You don't have to do anything." I shake my head. "I'm not going to starve myself."

"Did you at least eat dinner last night?" He asks me quieter.

"Yes, not that that is any of your business." I tell him, feeling slightly bad for coming off as rude. He looks down at me for a moment before his attention was on Lucky.

"I don't want to be paired with either of you." Lucky says, getting my attention as well. "I can't beat you." He points at Cyrus. "And I can't hurt you guys." He looks at us with sad puppy eyes.

"We all have to agree that we will give it our all." Cyrus answers. "We don't need Xander thinking we're holding back and try to pair us with another squad to see our full potential." His eyes flicker to mine for a moment before they're back on Lucky.

"That's true." Lucky nods his head, his eyes bouncing between us. "But I can't fight you guys." He frowns, looking to the ground.

"He will most likely pair you girls together and then us." Cyrus nods at Lucky.

Sam gasps, "I can't fight you." She looks at me as her eyes start to fill with tears.

"I'll be okay." I assure her, rubbing her arm softly. "You're my only chance of completing this without being knocked out."

"You won't be knocked out." Cyrus chuckles. "We know to go easy on you."

"Go easy on me?" I look up at him. "I can handle you."

"Yeah? Well maybe I'll ask to be paired with you then." He flashes me a smile before turning to look towards the door where Xander was just walking in.

Wow, he was something. He had on his black pants, a black shirt and a leather jacket opened. His black hair fell slightly above his eye. His dark eyes found me immediately causing my heart rate to pick up. It's as if times freezes, my eyes could only see him.

"Good morning squad." Xander spoke, stopping on the opposite side of the mat. He crosses his arms over his chest, his eyes scanning us one by one. "I hope you guys took the chance to eat some breakfast."

"Hard to eat when we had this to look forward to." I mumble but I guess not low enough because I earned all of their attention. I feel my cheeks heat up and I look down, wanting to hide from their eyes. I hate the attention on me like this.