Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I jump awake for the millionth time, my entire body covered in sweat. Leon's lifeless eyes were watching me. Haunting me. I had the same nightmare every time I fell back to sleep. I stood over his lifeless body, his eyes staring back at me. I've relived his murder a million times since I went to bed last night.

I sit up and force myself not to go back to sleep. The sun didn't come up yet but the sky was getting lighter. It had to be around five. I stretch and as soon as my eyes close I see his soulless eyes looking back at me again. Haunting me.

My heart jumps and I quickly get up. I need to distract myself. I take a couple breaths to calm my racing heart. A white tube catches my eye instantly. It laid in the middle of my desk, hard to miss when it was the only thing there.

My body tenses, every hair on my body standing up. Someone was in here. My eyes snapped to my door and it was closed and locked, just as I left it before I went to bed. Whoever it was used magic to get in.

"Do you really think I would let you sleep through someone breaking into your room if they would harm you?" Constance says, as if she was offended. "He came in, left the cream, and left."

I ignore her and flip the tube around to read what it was. Burn cream.

Xander.

I sigh with annoyance for a moment. Obviously he's the only person she would allow in here while I slept. "You know, I think I need to catch you up on what privacy is." I can't use this. What does he not understand about leaving me alone. I debated for a moment on giving it back to him. I could just leave it at his door.

"Just use it." Constance sighs, ignoring my comment. "I can feel every time the burn hurts you, whether you ignore it or not. At least that will help speed up the healing process."

"I don't need this. I don't need his help." I sigh and pull my hoodie over my head. "I'm giving it back. If I wanted cream for it I would go to the infirmary. Alec has plenty."  I slip my shoes on and quickly run my brush through my hair. After a few moments I decide my hair was fine, his opinion doesn't matter. Yet I still find myself brushing my fingers through it after I place the brush back in my drawer.

"You humans are always so dramatic." I can almost hear her roll her eyes.

I ignore her and walk across the hall to his door. I don't care if he's sleeping, he shouldn't have come into my room.

I lift my hand and bang against his door, with the intention to wake him.

The door opens pretty quickly and he looks back at me with low tired eyes for a moment. It takes him all of a second to fully wake up, his eyes widening at the site of me. My heart melts as a smile spreads across his face. Why did he have to look so damn good. It makes it so hard for me to hate him.

"Princess." He whispers. Those two syllables from his lips cause my heart to skip. His eyes drop down to the tube in my hands, reminding me of why I was here. "Keep it. You're going to need it again. One time doesn't heal you." He gives me a soft smile and for a moment I forget why I'm here again.  He looks adorable with his hair a mess. He wore grey sweats and a black t-shirt, exposing the muscles that were his arms. The grey sweats was definitely a different look for him, can't say I hate it either. His hair fell over his forehead and all I wanted to do was reach out and touch it. Feel the soft strands run between my fingers.

"You did use it, right?" He asks, raising a brow. Once again I got distracted. He leans into the door frame, arms crossing over his chest, amusement clear on his face.