Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Xander

We're finally here.

As soon as Constance found her location she let Octavia know. We wouldn't have thought to come this far. Lucky was pointing us in this direction but to my knowledge there shouldn't have been a bunker over here. Even Cyrus with his knowledge of the forest was thrown off by the location.

"Wait here." I order them, making my way towards the metal door. I was fully prepared to walk in there and kill Lucinda, along with anyone involved from her squad. She had told me that Lucinda made them leave. Since we didn't run into them, and they're clearly not outside with us, I'm assuming they went back inside.

"I think we're supposed to save her." Cyrus annoyingly argues, making his way towards the door as well. This short trip with him has been the longest. The entire time he tried to tell us where to go, never wanting me to have the final say. Then getting pissed when I do. I will never understand what Sage thinks she sees in him.

I spun so I was facing him. I was so close to just ending his life right here. The only thing holding me back was the girl in that bunker behind me. I have no doubt that she's pissed off at him, but I know she doesn't want him dead.  "You're the last person she wants to see." He freezes, because I'm right. "So wait outside." I turn my back on him and the rest of the squad and step forward towards the bunker.

I can hear Sam telling him to relax and I'm so glad she's understanding and not trying to argue with me as well. Surprisingly, she actually wants me to go in there, to save her. I don't listen to her thoughts much, but right now, she's yelling at me to get in there.

I pull open the metal door that was separating me from her.

I come to a complete stop at the scene before me. My violent princess was knelt behind Lucinda on the floor, holding a dagger to her throat. There was blood everywhere. It looked like Lucinda had a wound in her thigh, her pants were completely soaked in blood. There was also blood running down her lips from her nose. Her eyes were wide when she saw me, like a deer caught in headlights.

My eyes connect with Sage and time stops.

Her breathing was coming out rough, and shallow. Her once perfect face was now swollen and bruised. Her left side seemed to take the most hits. There was a slice in her cheek, that seems to still be leaking drops of blood. Her soft lips are now swollen and busted, and there was blood everywhere.

She was okay just an hour ago, now... She doesn't even look like herself. I knew she was alive because I can see her, but how badly is she hurt?

I can't see her body from this view, but she didn't look to be in pain. The blood could just be from Lucinda. Killing someone isn't always the cleanest job.

I can tell by looking at her she wasn't okay. She was out of it, her eyes glazed. I wanted to walk over, pull her up into my arms and never allow a single soul to touch her again. But I couldn't move. Couldn't bring myself to stop the scene unfolding in front of me. I was in a daze, watching her. My vicious princess.

A smile spreads across her face as her glossy gaze falls back on the bloody body in her arms. "Well look at that, I got to see your reaction to the prince saving me."

I don't hide the smirk she causes, I will always save her. Fear flashes through Lucinda's eyes "Help!" She begs me. "Please! Don't let her kill me."

"Princess..." I step forward, not for Lucinda's benefit, but because I know Sage isn't going to be able to handle this on top of Leon's death. "Let me do it." I nearly beg. This will destroy her. She just doesn't see that right now. She doesn't see anything right now. She's blinded by rage.