Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Xander

"Alright." I say, getting everyone's attention on me. I decided to head to the dinning hall and to my surprise Lucinda's entire squad was here. Father will split this squad between mine and the others seeing as their squad leader is now dead. I hold back my smile at the thought that Lucinda died by the hands of the princess. The one person she seemed to truly hate and despise.

"Anyone who participated in the interrogation please stand up." I cut right to it. My eyes narrow on the man from her memory. He was too much of a coward to stand up, and so was everyone else. I'll kill everyone here, I don't care anymore.

I sigh, shaking my head. "I will kill every single one of you if no one speaks up." Their eyes round as fear starts hitting me from multiple people. But someone specific was completely terrified.

I walk up to the girl, she had pink hair and I instantly remember her as the girl who pushed Sage down during the race before the interrogation.

"Stand up." I order her.

"Yes, sir." She scurries to her feet. The chair skidding loudly against the floor. Luckily for me the man was also sitting next to her.

"And you." I grab the collar of his shirt and yank him to his feet. "I have a few words for you." His eyes watch me, wide in horror. I smirk as his thoughts swirl around the fact that he pissed off the prince.

I look towards the group, "Anyone else?" They all shake their heads at me. I search their minds one by one but they all were telling the truth.

"Okay." My hand grips the back of the mans neck, pushing him over the table. "You signed your death sentence the second you laid a hand on her." I whisper in his ear. Flashes of him punching her flash though his mind. He enjoyed himself.

I will be enjoying his death. If I knew a healer I would torture him over and over, bring him close to death then bring him back and start again. Alec would never do that without my fathers order. This cadet doesn't know who he pissed off.

The door to the dinning hall opens and I look over quickly to see a very angry princess glaring at me. I was wondering when she was going to walk in. I had left her in the hallway. She doesn't agree with what I'm about to do, but it has to be done.

"Let him go." Her soft voice travels through the room as she stalks closer.

"This is the man, correct?" I ask, clearly ignoring her order.

"Yes..." She answers as she comes to my side. Her hand rest above my arm that was forcing the man to basically lay over the table. "Let him go." Heat flowed from her touch and it took everything in me to stay focused.

I keep my arm stiff, "I can't do that princess." I look towards the rest of the squad sitting at the table. "Let this be a lesson for everyone here." I make sure to make eye contact with every cadet. "You put your hands on the princess, you die." I pull the man up and he grunts dramatically. "You're coming with me." I tell him, before looking to the pink haired girl, "You too."

"I am not the princess." Sage snaps at me, her voice filling my head. I do my best to hide my smirk. I love her reactions. She is the princess. I can get her a crown if that'll help her understand. Although I have a feeling she would break it, the thought alone causes me to chuckle.

"She didn't hurt me." Sage whispers, out loud this time. "Don't hurt her." The girl with pink hair looks towards Sage, hope filling her for a moment.

"Did she touch you?" I ask her. She doesn't answer as a memory of the pink haired girl chocking her flashes through her head. "That's a yes." I say before she can speak.