CHAPTER 5: Lovers

EXT. PARKVIEW HEIGHTS CONDOMINIUM, OUTER GARDEN -- NIGHT

Chelsea walked by the outer garden near her condominium and she saw a bench so she quietly sat on it. She was disappointed with the outcome of introducing her best friend Emerald to Isaiah when they discussed some things. She did not realize that Isaiah would fall for her best friend. And never in her wildest dreams would she think that Jhay, her cousin, is into men. And to make matters worse, he is obsessed with Isaiah.

Emerald

Chels, is that you?

Chelsea

Oh.. Em, what are you doing here? I thought you would go to your parent's house.

Emerald

Didn't you notice the time? It's already dark and near midnight. I just got back from my parent's home. My mother even scolded me that I should stay there for the night since it is not suitable for a girl like me to go out at night.

Emerald explained and she laughed softly at her mother's antics.

Chelsea

Good thing that you met your parents. Let's go now since we still have classes tomorrow.

EXT. FENDER UNIVERSITY, SAINT AGATHA STREET -- MORNING

Emerald was walking on the stone pathway when someone called her.

Jhay

Emerald?

She looked back at the source of the voice and saw Jhay.

Emerald

It's you! Oh hi, what are you doing here?

Jhay

I came to give this to you.

Jhay gave her roses and chocolates with a note.

Emerald

You're still doing this huh?

She said jokingly but then she suddenly smiled.

Jhay

Of course. Even though you already know, I still want to continue being your admirer, and I want to do it openly.

Emerald

How thoughtful of you, but I want to level it up a bit.

Jhay

How?

Emerald

Will you be my boyfriend?

She blurted with a blush on her cheeks.

Jhay

How could you ask like this?

He said with disbelief evident in his voice, while Emerald suddenly got shy.

Emerald

I-I... Y-You..

Jhay

I should be the one asking that not you. Will you be my girlfriend?

He said to Emerald, which in turn made her shocked but she replied.

Emerald

Yes. I want to be your girlfriend.

That was the day that they became lovers. As days passed, they became more close to each other while Chelsea was still doubting her cousin and she was worried for her best friend. On the other hand, Isaiah does not know any of it, and when he sends flowers and cards to Emerald, Jhay throws them away, to prevent Emerald from seeing it and knowing that Isaiah was her secret admirer all along.