CHAPTER 11: I'm Sorry

EXT. BLUE MOON DOCK, YACHT'S INNER CABIN -- PAST MIDNIGHT

Jhay went down the stairs to approach Isaiah. He was shocked and he was even panicking. He slowly squatted near Isaiah and checked if he was still breathing. Jhay's hands were trembling as he tried to touch Isaiah. He can also see the blood flowing from his forehead.

Jhay

I-I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to do it.

After recovering from his initial shock, Jhay went back to the view deck of the yacht and he fetched his phone to call for help. While waiting he came back to Isaiah and held his hand.

Jhay

I'm really sorry baby. Please wake up and look at me. You still didn't give your answer to my question earlier.

Jhay talked and talked but Isaiah remained motionless and unconscious.

Jhay

Don't worry, I will not let anything happen to you.

The paramedics arrived after a few minutes and they put Isaiah on a stretcher and secured him before putting him in an ambulance, where they also let Jhay come with them. Isaiah was then transported to the nearest hospital.

INT. EVERDALE GENERAL HOSPITAL, EMERGENCY ROOM -- 2:00 AM

Isaiah was brought into the operating room while Jhay was pacing back and forth in the waiting area. His eyes were red from crying and his hands were still trembling. He was even sweaty and cold all over.

Jhay

I-I'm sorry... I-I didn't mean to... I'm sorry... P-Please forgive m-me...

He kept saying sorry and he didn't mean it until almost 2 hours had passed. The attending doctor went out to talk to him.

Doctor

Who is the family of Mr. Wilson?

Jhay

I-I am...

Doctor

The patient is safe for now and he will be transferred to a ward. Unfortunately, he injured his spine because of the fall so became paralyzed from his waist down.

Jhay

B-but... How? Will he be able to walk again?

Doctor

It is still early so I cannot say if it will be permanent. Hopefully, he will be able to walk again after some time in therapy.

Jhay

C-can I see him now?

Doctor

Of course. But I need you to sign some paperwork first.

The doctor led Jhay to her office and he signed some documents. He was then guided by a nurse to go to Isaiah's hospital room. He went inside, and there he saw his beloved. Isaiah's eyes were closed and he looked so relaxed, as if he was sleeping, if not for the huge bandage on his forehead with some blood stains on it, someone would have mistaken.

Jhay

I'm here now...

He sat on the chair at the bedside and carefully held Isaiah's hand. He started to caress it and then he placed a simple kiss on the back of Isaiah's hand.

Jhay

Why don't you wake up? You still haven't answered my question. Even if you can't walk when you wake up, I will still love you with all my heart.

Jhay said to Isaiah with affection and a hint of obsession.

Jhay

I hope you wake up soon... I'm waiting for you.

This is the everyday scenario in Isaiah's hospital room. The boy was sleeping in his hospital bed, and Jhay would always talk to him and tell him how much he loved Isaiah.

Jhay

Get better soon, my love. I love you so much...

Jhay said, and then he left for a while.