CHAPTER 7: Heartbreak

INT. BROOKLAND PLAZA, 5TH FLOOR, THE MODERN -- 7:00 PM

Emerald got down of the professor's car and they both went inside the mall. They rode the elevator to the fifth floor, then they entered the restaurant and sat on the table near the floor-to-ceiling windows.

Professor

I like the view from here.

Emerald

I-I like it too, Sir. But where are the others?

Professor

The others will come later because they got stuck in traffic.

Emerald

But why are there only two seats here at our table?

Professor

Tsk. Don't ask too much, let's order our food first.

The professor called a waiter and asked for a menu. He and Emerald both picked dishes with steak as the main course. After a while, the food arrived and they started to eat.

Emerald

The steak here is great, it is tender.

Professor

I know right, it's sweet just like you.

The professor went closer to Emerald then he caressed her cheek and moved closer attempting for a kiss. From the angle of the other's point of view, it looked like the two were kissing each other. At this moment, Isaiah arrived and when he saw everything, he broke down. He approached the two and said.

Isaiah

How could you do this to me? You could've told me that you don't like me!

Emerald was shocked because she did not expect that someone would shout at her.

Emerald

What are you talking about? I don't even know you. How could you meddle in my personal affair? What right do you have to shout at me?!

Isaiah

You kept accepting my flowers and the letters that I wrote to you. And today, you wrote back and told me to meet you here. But now yo-

Emerald

Who the hell are you?! I don't even know you, so why would I accept your filthy letters and flowers?