CHAPTER 6: A Failure

TIME SKIP: EXT. FENDER UNIVERSITY, ELISEUS MINI PARK -- AFTERNOON

It has been weeks since Emerald and Jhay asked each other out and became together. Now, it is Emerald's grades release and she failed most of her subjects.

Emerald

What should I do now? I failed four out of my six subjects

Jhay

Come here.

Jhay asked Emerald to come closer and he hugged her.

Emerald

I won't be able to graduate if this goes on.

She said with tears falling from her eyes.

Jhay

Maybe you should talk it out with your professor to see if there is anything you can do.

Jhay consoled her but Emerald could not see that he was smiling behind her back, mocking her in his mind.

Emerald

You're right, I'll talk to him.

Emerald went to the faculty room to talk to her professor, while Jhay bid him goodbye.

Jhay

I still have something to do, maybe we can have dinner later.

Emerald

Sure. You should go now.

INT. FENDER UNIVERSITY, MAIN BUILDING, FACULTY ROOM -- AFTERNOON

Professor

Ms. Carter you did not manage to pass four subjects this semester. And if this still goes on, I'm afraid you won't be able to graduate this year.

Emerald

B-but, Sir.. I already complied with all the requirements. How can I fail in so many subjects?

Professor

If you don't believe me, here is the computation of your grades.

The professor showed Emerald the computation of her grades in the subjects that she failed and she couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Emerald

Sir, what can I do to pass?

Professor

I have a dinner meeting later, and I need a student companion. Maybe you can come with me.

Emerald

But-

Professor

You don't want to? Well then I'll look for another stu-

Emerald

No sir. I-I'll come later.

Professor

Okay. See you later at seven o'clock.

Emerald gave her professor a nod, and having no reason for rebuttal, she left the faculty room with a dispirited and gloomy look on her face.