CHAPTER 12: Confusion

INT. EVERDALE GENERAL HOSPITAL, ROOM 318 -- AFTERNOON

A week passed and Isaiah still didn't wake up. He moved his fingers but that's all in it. As usual, Jhay will go to the hospital and talk to Isaiah. He also brought lunch today, in hopes that Isaiah will wake up when he smells his favorite food.

Jhay

Love, I'm back. You didn't get bored while I was away, did you?

He started even though no one was answering. He had been talking to Isaiah for a week now, hoping that he would wake up sooner if he continued talking to him.

Jhay

Look, I brought so many of your favorite dishes.

Jhay brought out the food from the plastic bags one by one. He even showed it to Isaiah before opening the lids. The smell of the dishes wafted in the whole room.

Jhay

Will you wake up now? I want you to eat with me...

Jhay placed the food on the table and approached Isaiah. He caressed the forehead of the latter while holding his hands and looking at him with hope in his eyes.

Jhay

Please come back to me... My love...

Soon enough, Isaiah's fingers moved and Jhay felt it. Slowly, Isaiah's eyes fluttered open and he looked around unaware of his surroundings.

Isaiah

Where am I?

He asked with a raspy voice and confusion was evident in his eyes, while Jhay was shocked so he immediately called a doctor.

Jhay

You're in a hospital. How do you feel? Do you feel any discomfort?

Jhay hurriedly asked but Isaiah simply looked at him.

Isaiah

Who are you?

Jhay

W-what? Y-you're kidding, right? It's me, Jhay, your best friend, how could you forget?

Jhay said with grief in his voice and sadness evident in his eyes. He tried approaching Isaiah but he moved away... away from him. At this moment the doctor came.

Doctor

What happened to the patient Mr. Mitchell?