ch. 21

💛y/n pov💛

--time skip after the movie--

After the movie, we drove to the afterparty, which was a few blocks away from the theater and red carpet.

We are now at the afterparty, having virgin pina coladas and dancing to party songs. I've just been sitting alone because I didn't feel like dancing on this particular night.

Until it all went down.

-----

"Hey, y/n! Wanna dance?" I hear Walker's voice but it doesn't sound normal. It sounds like he's... drunk.

Walker extends his arm for me to take his hand, but I don't. "Walker, what happened?"

I stand up, take him by the arm, and drag him down into a seat. "Walker, who gave you an alcoholic pina colada?" I could smell his breath from when I was sitting down.

And I could also tell by the pina colada in his hand not looking like mine.

"Walker, I think your pina colada got spiked!"

He ignored me and walked away. I look around and see Xochitl holding a pina colada that looks like mine. Thank god, someone who isn't drunk.

"Xochitl! Walker's drunk!"

"What?!" I hear a boyish voice standing next to her, and realize Brady had been dancing with her.

"Brady! Oh, thank god! Go find Walker please! I'm worried about him."

The music was so loud I could barely hear myself talking.

"Y/n, don't worry. We'll find him." Xochitl says, and they hurry away.

I go to the bathroom, and find Dylan and Sunny making out. (this is fake they're not tg)

"Oh! Sorry!" I say, immediately covering my eyes.

"It's ok, y/n. What's up?" Sunny says, parting from Dylan.

"Walker's drunk."

"What?! But I thought he just had a virgin pina colada." Dylan says.

"Yeah, turns out the pina colada wasn't so virgin. I thought someone had spiked it, but lately he has kinda been distant..."

Backstory:
-dry texts
-not that many Insta stories
-no sleepovers for the past month

I tell them about that stuff, and Sunny says "Y/n, you need to talk to him."

"Yeah, it seems like he's been avoiding you." Dylan agrees, but Sunny slaps him, saying "Dude!"

"Okay." This had all become a lot worse than I thought. He was just talking to me like he was fine, you know, asking me questions. And now I find out there could be something wrong?

"Thanks guys." I leave and try to find Momona, Mckenna, Leah, and Leena. They're all sitting at a random table, while Leah's worriedly looking at her phone.

"Hey, guys. Leah, what's wrong?"

Mckenna answers for her. "She's flirting over text with that crush of hers. We've been telling her it's a bad idea but she isn't listening."

"Mckenna! I'm not flirting, I'm just...talking." Leah corrects.

"Uh-huh, and you're not biting your lip, too." Momona points out.

All of us laugh at her while Leah rolls her eyes playfully.

"Anyways, y/n. What's up?" Leena asks.

"It's actually about your brother. I think he's drunk."

"What?!" A shriek only able to be made by 4 teen girls.

"Yeah. Xochitl and Brady went out to look for him, but I think they haven't found him, ye...holy shit." I was interrupted by Xochitl and Brady holding Walker by the limbs.

"Jeez, what happened?" I ask as I ran up to Walker and helped him onto his feet.

"Y/n, you're sssssooooo beautiful." he slurs and giggles. Walker doesn't giggle. Especially around this many people. He thinks it's not manly, or something like that.

I brought him to the table and sit him down; Xochitl and Brady follow. "Does anyone know where Aryan is? And Charlie?" I ask.

"They left. They have interviews tomorrow, so they wanted to get a good night's sleep. Plus, Aryan wanted to see Ellie before she left for Wisconsin in the morning." Mckenna answers.

"Aww, we didn't get to say bye to them!" Leah says.

"That's not why I wanted them to be here. Oh, goodness. Should I get his mom to come get him?" I question.

"Nope! Definitely not my mom. She will flip out if she sees him like this. And at least one of you has to stay. It'll be weird if both of you leave your own movie's afterparty." Leena explains.

"Fine. You guys go have fun. I was by myself before anyway." I say.

"No! You're not sitting alone in the corner of your party. I'm sure Leena will take him home, right Leena?" Xochitl nudges Leena while saying this.

"Ow... Okay, fine, whatever. Leah, you better tell me what happens with that boy of yours. Bye guys!" She picked up Walker. I had not known Leena to be that strong, but her trips to the gym are clearly working.

She leaves and I am dragged out onto the dance floor by Mckenna. "I definitely wore the wrong dress to dance in, but it's whatever." I say.

"Glad I wore this short one." she says and I playfully slap her.

-----

The afterparty ends around 10:30, and my driver picks me up at 10:45.

When I get into the car, I get a text from Walker:

messages

today, 10:48 PM

walkie talkie💙

hey babe

i need to ask you something

a/n: 825 words! thanks for reading!!! love you all!<33 i have social studies hw but im doing this instead🫨