Chapter 41: Reporting To The Hokage

Tatsuma and Minato could hardly believe it when an unexpected gust of wind played a crucial role in them passing the examination in a somewhat bewildered state. Perhaps it wasn't just the wind; Orochimaru seemed almost eager to find a reason to advance them.

Despite the imperfections in their displayed abilities, there might be a few gaps to bridge before attaining Chunin status. Nevertheless, when it comes to mere graduation, they prove more than competent. In the end, it appeared Orochimaru's intention was to push their limits and assess their true potential.

The following day, the pair adorned with their Konoha Ninja headbands found themselves ushered to a photography studio by Sarutobi Atoma. There, the unmistakable click-clack sound accompanied the capture of their imposing headshots, followed by a visit to acquire new ninja tools.

To be honest, amidst the passing days and after the skirmish with Orochimaru, Tatsuma had almost entirely overlooked the ninja tools promised by Sarutobi Atoma. Were it not for the reminder from Sarutobi Atoma, it might have slipped his mind entirely.

A subsequent day unfolded. After completing breakfast post-morning exercises, Tatsuma pondered the morning's training regimen when he noticed the entrance of an ANBU Ninja donning a mysterious mask into his apartment.

"Sakamoto Tatsuma!"

The ANBU Ninja lowered his voice, rendering his original tone indiscernible. Tatsuma noted a few familiar features about the mysterious figure but refrained from dwelling on his identity. He simply nodded and replied, "Yes."

"Here's your Ninja registration certificate. Please report to the Hokage Tower at your earliest convenience."

"Yes."

Tatsuma nodded, accepting the Ninja registration certificate from the ANBU Ninja's hand. As he glanced at the photo on the certificate, a tinge of regret washed over him. Why hadn't he utilized Chakra Control to style his hair better before taking the picture?

Disheveled like a clump of moldy, sun-dried seaweed, his two eyes appeared unfocused, and the iconic smile was noticeably absent. The photo was an outright failure!

Lost in his momentary distraction, Tatsuma snapped back to reality only to discover that the ANBU Ninja had vanished without a trace, leaving no indication of their presence in the room.

With such skill on display, it wouldn't be an overstatement to declare it ten times more potent than Jiraiya's.

Undeterred, Tatsuma didn't immediately make his way to the Hokage's office. Instead, he opted for a shower, changed into fresh clothes, and meticulously blow-dried his hair with a cool breeze, attempting to restore order to the unruly mess as much as possible.

Only after securing the Ninja headband and clutching the Ninja registration certificate did he make his way towards the Hokage Tower. Upon reaching the tower's base, Tatsuma noticed Minato shivering in the chilly breeze beneath the lingering spring frost.

"How long have you been here?" Tatsuma inquired. Minato sniffled and replied, "Just about an hour."

"After sweating it out and enduring this cold wind, aren't you afraid of catching a cold?" Observing that Minato hadn't even changed his clothes, Tatsuma surmised that this determined individual must have received the order and hastily rushed to the Hokage Tower, still clad in his gear.

Tatsuma wasn't as gullible as Minato. He knew that this early in the morning was when the Jonin class conducted their meetings, and occasionally, one could catch Sarutobi Hiruzen delivering lectures downstairs.

During this time frame, the Ninjas inside the Hokage Tower hadn't yet commenced their daily tasks, and some hadn't even returned to their posts. It was unrealistic to expect them to spare time to receive Tatsuma and Minato and meet with the Hokage.