Prolouge

HANNI

She was everything I could wish for, she was perfect. She was beautiful, smart, kind and an athlete that was dedicated to her scholarship. It was too good to be true, wasn't it?

And no, I didn't fall for her because of her looks, I fell for who she was as a person at the time. She seemed so devoted to be with me, she put all her time and effort on to me, she was fighting to have what she wants.

And that want was me.

After months of being on the talking stage, we settled down and made it official, after she won my heart like no other.

She showed me what love was, she showed me what being loved felt like after growing up in a household where both parents were always away, she filled the emptiness I felt.

And the attention she put on to me, was more than what I was used to. Her focus was on me and not on anyone else, her soul and heart belonged to me.

I believed in it all.

But nothing could've prepared me for what was to come, no one warned me about how much a person could change in a matter of a day.

The person I knew and loved became someone who I didn't know and never thought I would meet.

She went from being my world to being my hell that I can't escape from, she was tearing me apart and I couldn't stop it.

I didn't want to.

If I had to deal with all this burning pain to just have her by my side, I would do it over and over again.

And if I have to die to have the beat of my heart halt for her, I will do it.

To have this song my heart has created disappear, I will have to be gone.

She is my nightmare that I could never wake up from, as much as it brought fear to me, it brought some sense of happiness.

Even though she was the monster.

I was prisoner of her toxic love, her venom flowed through my veins, killing me slowly.

She could keep breaking me this way, but I'll never walk away from her because it feels so wrong, I can't do it.

And may the lord forgive me, for failing myself this way.

Maybe I'm sick for wanting this, crazy for wanting this type of life.

But anything for her,

Anything for Kim Minji