Epilogue

Hanni

5 years later.....

I always thought I knew what peace was, but my definition of it was so broad and open. I never thought it would be this.

Sitting on a blanket with a beautiful scene playing right before my eyes. My now wife, running along with our daughter. Melodic laughter echoed through the air that could only make me feel happiness and fulfillment.

There was no more pain, no more tears, and no more agony. There wasn't a monster for me to run away from anymore.

Maybe there never was one, maybe it was just a girl who was hurting and didn't know how else to deal with such consuming pain.

Said girl was now in front of me, her beauty making my jaw drop the way it always did. She was truly beautiful and I could never ask for any one else.

She will always be the one for me.

We managed to move on with life, things were different, not like we were expecting them to be the same.

But we managed to work through the many changes that our new life threw at us, the way we said we would.

We moved away from the city we called home, and moved to somewhere where we knew a fresh start awaited us.

There were still many flaws, but we had a whole life time to fix them.

I wasn't able to forgive my mother for what happened, and maybe I never will. But I managed to come to terms with the fact that there was never anything for me to blame myself for.

I proved to myself that I was going to be a better mother than she ever was, and hell that I was.

Sometimes I realize that I was the unfortunate one that ended up having such a bad family that caused all hell to break loose. And that was no one's fault.

I could only smile as I watched her pick up our daughter in her arms and shower her with loving kisses.

As the days went by there wasn't a single trace of the woman that made me hide and shiver in fear.

Instead a woman that only brought me pure joy existed, it definitely took me a while to trust again.

But with the proper patience and love, we were able to hold strong and never let go of each other no matter what.

But we were growing as lovers and as people on our own. We both got the help we needed to keep ourselves sane and together.

It was difficult at first, but our love was stronger and we fought though it.

I would never ask for another ending, this is what I've always dreamt of and I'll never let this go.

I found what one would call home, the place where my heart belonged.

I still think of the what if's from now and then, knowing that my life would be so different if things hadn't gone the right way.

But I managed to get my happily ever after, and not many do. And every day I thank god for letting me love this life now with the woman I love along with our daughter.

I could hear her calling me over with her hands, as our daughter came running towards me with a smile that was copied and pasted from Minji.

I shook my head as I stood up deciding to go and play with them, I had to enjoy every little moment as our life wasn't eternal.

We all say goodbye at some point. But that's a word that will be stored in the back of my mind for now.

I ran through the grass field towards them. My heart thumping inside my chest in pure giddiness.

And at this instant I realized something.

That there was nothing left of me to break anymore. At least of the old me, I was now stronger and better version of myself.

A part of me still wished to change the past, but as I've told myself a million times already....

We could only live in the present and await for the future. 

-
-
-

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING MY STORY I TRULLY  APPRECIATE IT.

MWUAH!