12

Hanni

"What are you doing?!" I could hear her screaming behind me as I headed up the stairs at a fast pace.

Her long legs keeping up with me though, probably skipping steps as we made our way up.

"I asked you a question, answer it!" She yelled, I continued to ignore her as I made it to the top stair and storming away to my room.

I started to feel lightheaded, but I needed to follow through with my decision. I can't be weak anymore.

But my mind didn't stop to wonder, why? Just why?

She raped me over and over again at the hospital, and aside from that she had the audacity to throw a fit of jealousy with Dr. Choi.

When she caught Minji in the act and tried to pull her off me, Minji had then started to question Dr. Choi's intentions with me and it was never ending.

It was stopped when the other nurses had to separate their bloody fist fight they had found themselves in.

She broke the woman's nose for god sake!

How was that even remotely okay? There are so many things that Minji does, that I couldn't care less about.

But her, getting in to a physical fight with Dr. Choi crossed the line. Especially for some nonsense, what did she mean if I had a fling with Dr. Choi?

And she dared to call me a whore in front of everyone in my hospital room, a slut, a cock-pleaser, and so on.

She was surely going insane.

As we were inside the car on our way back to my house, I made the decision to leave.

I slammed the door shut on her face as I made my way to my closet, looking for my suitcase. What I'm about to do might be impulsive, but it's what's best for the both of us.

As I threw the suitcase on my bed, I heard the door open, revealing a fuming Minji, who walked towards me. "Are you nuts?!" She shouted as she grabbed my arm to stop me from moving away from her.

I turned to glare at her, not controlling what slipped out my mouth.

"I'm leaving! And that's final. I don't want to be anywhere near you anymore." I said through gritted teeth as I forced her grip off me.

The look in her eyes was unreadable, she seemed shocked and taken back by my tone.

This was the first time I ever answer her back in that tone, and it felt good. More than it should've.

I walked towards my closet again, Minji following short behind. "No you aren't." She said in that familiar authoritative tone.

I snapped my head back to look at her, who does she think she is? "Excuse you?" I said as I took a step closer to her.

I don't know where all this bravery was coming from, but now that I had it, I had to put it to use.

"You have no say in my life, Minji. You haven't had a single say in so long, and it's my decision to leave, and you're going to accept it." I said as I looked at her with full hatred. There was something flashing in her eyes as she looked at me.

I didn't expect it to be hurt.

Her eyes never seemed to show more than anger lately, but it seemed as if she was remembering something from the past. As if a hurtful memory crossed through her mind.